Pep's contract situation

I don't get what the 'problem' is.

We don't sign players on year long contracts so don't see what differenc one or two years of Pep makes.

You are right in that a year means a quicker return of speculation. But I think everyone at the club and the fans should all be robust enough to ignore that.
I think the pitch of training under Pep for two years is an easier sell to Europe's elite players, and the hierarchy releases some of the transfer kitty to Pep under the condition that the new DoF is signing players for both Pep and the next fella whoever it is.

I think ultimately the question of whether Pep wants to rebuild the midfield is a question that needs asking if he stays on, but I'm happy for him to squeeze another year out of what he has with maybe one new player. Just think there's an inevitable risk that comes with that.

I think the pitch of training under Pep for two years is an easier sell to Europe's elite players, and the hierarchy releases some of the transfer kitty to Pep under the condition that the new DoF is signing players for both Pep and the next fella whoever it is.

I think ultimately the question of whether Pep wants to rebuild the midfield is a question that needs asking if he stays on, but I'm happy for him to squeeze another year out of what he has with maybe one new player. Just think there's an inevitable risk that comes with that.
I think both those things are a lot more fluid myself, and the draw for playing for City is pretty big in itself.

I think both those things are a lot more fluid myself, and the draw for playing for City is pretty big in itself.
For sure. I don't think we'll have our cap in hands but I do think these questions are questions agents will be asking for the elitist of elite names, which I think we need one or two of in the coming years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.