Pep's contract situation

- Pep’s new City deal will expire in 2026
- Amorim’s Sporting contract expires in 2026
- Tuchel’s England deal expires in 2026, at the start of a new tournament cycle

Tuchel is England’s Pellegrini, just a capable stop-gap until the all-timer arrives.

Pretty clear what’s going to happen and why Pep acted a little weird when asked about England.

Alonso also ends 2026

I think you might be onto something here.

Not as set in stone though, Tuchel always signs 18 month deals. If he’d have wanted 3 years the FA would’ve given it to him.
Possibly but they said on the radio look at his record he’s never done more than 18. months without it all going tits up somewhere, plus if he doesn’t win WC bath parties can go superheated ways, if he wins it then extend him.

I'm desperate for a Pep extension, he's the best manager to ever do it in England and every moment is to be cherished.

But I do wonder if a year extension kicks problems down the road. The squad probably needs a refresh the size of Pep's first two years here, but it doesn't make sense to do that when Pep is leaving in a year. All we will hear for another season is question about Pep's contract.

There's part of me that wonders whether it needs two years and a promise of building a new squad rather than another year.

I don't get what the 'problem' is.

We don't sign players on year long contracts so don't see what differenc one or two years of Pep makes.

You are right in that a year means a quicker return of speculation. But I think everyone at the club and the fans should all be robust enough to ignore that.

If there was no chance why has he had contact with the fa and apparently took 2 months to make a decision?

He wants to be an international manager and he loves living in England. It will be between Brazil, England and Argentina imo. I think England land him personally as it’s the best job (unless tuchel wins the World Cup).

Says who?

Oh yeah, click bait rumour media outlets.

England don’t deserve him. They can fuck off.
The players don’t not deserve him (if that makes sense?).

And there are a lot of decent fans of other clubs out there who aren’t rabid ‘115’/‘cheats’ weirdos, but there are enough who are (as well as the wnkers in the media) that would make me piss myself laughing if Pep lead England on and then said ‘haha, fuck off, as if I’m going to take that job after the shit you’ve given me and my club over the years, I’m off to Inter!’

Possibly but they said on the radio look at his record he’s never done more than 18. months without it all going tits up somewhere, plus if he doesn’t win WC bath parties can go superheated ways, if he wins it then extend him.
Exactly, so many if, what’s and maybes.

Pep could stay at City til 2027, have a year sabbatical and take on an international job pre or even post Euros 2028.

If there was no chance why has he had contact with the fa and apparently took 2 months to make a decision?

He wants to be an international manager and he loves living in England. It will be between Brazil, England and Argentina imo. I think England land him personally as it’s the best job (unless tuchel wins the World Cup).
The fa asked him, he said no , the end

I can't imagine for a minute that Guardiola could work with the FA. The FA is a political organisation more than anything, it would drive him crazy. If he wants international football, there would be better opportunities where the weather is better and where he would be left alone, if you ask me.

Assuming he wants international football at this stage in his career at all, when he can still give so much to club football, real football.

Klopp becoming "group" coach at Red Bull may give some indication of where these good managers get their next challenge.
CFG group manager

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.