Pep's contract situation

In terms of managers who could work with players of City's stature, be tactically super-adept and also play attacking, possession based football which is what the City fans have come to expect then there aren't many who could handle such a role.

Going through them one at a time;

Alonso - not a hope in hell with his Dippers connection.

Postecoglou - not tactically adept enough unless you fancy every game ending up 5-4

Arteta - unlikely he goes from Arsenal to City but he'd be up to the job for sure

Amorim - ticks the boxes but it's a big step up

Ancelotti - excellent choice but he's surely retiring sooner rather than later

De Zerbi - the philosophy is there but this may be too big a job for him

Sam Allardyce - if that happens it means you're in league 2

Nagelsman - I've got a hunch about this guy and City. He'd be great I reckon.

Unai Emery - an underrated coach, he'd be a left-field choice but could do it

Inzaghi - Inter play great attacking football, tactically very smart.

Klopp - never in a million years

Kompany - with a year under his belt at Bayern maybe but I don't think he'd leave after just a year

Tuchel - too divisive a figure for City IMHO. He's a whingeing twat so nailed on for the Rags I'd say

Pochettino - not good enough

Who have I missed out? If City believe Pep is off in a year they'll already be starting the process of replacing him.

Like I said in the post, I've a hunch on Nagelsman. He's young, dynamic and could deal with the pressure and expectation.
Michel at Girona?

I’ll take the great man at his word. Until he says otherwise I think he’ll wait until next season to decide, see whether the team are still giving him their all

Nagelsmann has only recently signed an extension until after the next World Cup, although I’d imagine the German FA would certainly consider a job swap with Pep.

What amazes me, is that after 8 years of listening to Pep speak like twice a week at least, blues Still don't get Pep.

And would rather jump to believe a tweet by a journalist, then one of the straightest talking men in football.

Really putting his neck on the line is Gaughan coming out with this as if it's 100% right. He must've been told something to be so confident or is he just a good bluffer?
He gets very good information from someone at city. If he was to just randomly make a bullshit story up like that and effectively stab the club in the back that’ll be the end of any info he gets

Really putting his neck on the line is Gaughan coming out with this as if it's 100% right. He must've been told something to be so confident or is he just a good bluffer?
its a bold article & headline especially as he categorically stated in the content:

While City stress that there has been no formal indication either way from the 52-year-old, multiple sources within the industry and City have openly discussed the prospect of an impending departure over recent months.

so no definitive decision & its normal for our club to plan - just in case????

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.