Peps Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only way he would be treating badly is by coming out and saying pep is coming so far the club are doing things just fine

As with any summer recruitment policy. If at all possible buy early so players can settle in new surroundings & play pre-season with their new team.

With a new manager i would say its even more important.

Euro Championship (10th June - 10th July) will impact on pre-season. We may have to wait a little for transfer announcements, or not.

Pre-season tour will be interesting to see the location. Less travel would be good this summer i think, not China or USA but time will tell.

So a basis for pep to work with:

Aguero
Silva
De bruyne
Sterling
Fernandinho
Hart
Kompany (hopefully!!!)
Delph
Nacho

Possible outs:

Kolarov
Yaya
Nasri
Navas
Fernando
Bony
Mangala

Could we see 6-8 young top class players coming in and some of our older players out? That seems to be the plan?
I wonder if Hart will last under Pep. He's never been great with the ball at his feet and I don't thinking he's going to get better at it any time soon. Just a thought..

I wonder if Hart will last under Pep. He's never been great with the ball at his feet and I don't thinking he's going to get better at it any time soon. Just a thought..

Hart isn't Neur but he is still pretty decent with the ball at his feet. His distribution has improved massively under Pellegrini's goalkeeping coach as well.

Hart for me is one of the top 10 goalkeepers in Europe. I also think goalkeeping in England is far more than just being a very good shot stopper and being good with your feet.

I think even in their prime the likes of Casillas and Valdes would have had it harder in England than they did in Spain.

I would rather we kept Peligrini. He has the full respect from the squad, he knows when and what changes to make on the pitch, he's not interested in pissing about with the press, his low-key attitude is uncompromising, his backroom staff know the squad and how to improve it and he's an out and out professional. The only thing going against him is his age. Changing managers all the time is never going to promote stability. Plus. If pep comes in, he'll bring in a whole new squad and we'll be all over the place. I hope city don't treat peligrini like they did Sparky.
Subtle lol

Hart isn't Neur but he is still pretty decent with the ball at his feet. His distribution has improved massively under Pellegrini's goalkeeping coach as well.

Hart for me is one of the top 10 goalkeepers in Europe. I also think goalkeeping in England is far more than just being a very good shot stopper and being good with your feet.

I think even in their prime the likes of Casillas and Valdes would have had it harder in England than they did in Spain.
Good points mate, thanks for your reply.

I hope you're right, it's just he's prone to those 'heart-in-mouth' (excuse the pun!) moments where he tries to do too much on the ball, usually resulting in him hoofing the ball out after being put under pressure from the attacker. This was the case even against Palace the other day.

Hart is an excellent keeper and would get the plaudits he deserves if he played for other teams. If Pep gets us playing from the back like we have done previously, the issues with his distribution will be less apparent. Even then, the hoof up will surely be a tactical approach, despite the evidence that we only have midgets up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.