Peps Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's Bonny?
BONNIE%20TYLER.jpg

I reckon he will see full back positions as a priority. Stones and Pogba will be with us next season. Corman may also come. I don't see Yaya, or Nasri leaving.

Out:

Caballero, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Yaya, Navas, Bony.

In:

Valdes, Stones/Laporte, Gaya, Weigl, Pogba, Thiago, Sane.

GK: Hart, Valdes.

DF: Sagna, Zabaleta, Kompany, Otamendi, Denayer, Stones/Laporte, Clichy, Gaya.

MF: Weigl, Fernandinho, Pogba, Delph, Thiago, De Bruyne, Silva, Nasri, Sane, Sterling.

ST: Aguero, Iheanacho.

Pep doesn't have a history of purchasing lots of superstars. But then again, he has been lucky to have lots of them in his 2 earlier stops. I reckon there is a chance he might look at 1 or 2.

No idea, and I may be wrong but I think Nasri will be very important to Pep. Can't believe so many think he'll be gone. He's perfect for a Pep system.
I think there are more folks who believe 'others think Nasri will be gone' than there are actual folks who think he will be gone :)

Hart, Zaba, Kompany, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Silva, de Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero, Iheanacho, even Nasri under Pep, are untouchable. The rest I leave it to Pep.
In: de Siglio, Marcelo, Stones, Pogba, Verratti, Reus.

Think we will buy Pogba, a couple of new defenders and a stellar superstar forward who will be signed as much for marketing/financial as football. I reckon Sagna and kolarov will be kept and they are being vastly underrated

I'd love to see a midfield 3 of:
Weigl
Silva Verratti

Unfortunately, the only way we could get Verratti was if he kicked up a fuss

Will be really interesting to see his approach as there is a big rebuilding job needed here

At Barca he had the core of the best Spanish team ever already in place ,along with the greatest player of all time

At Bayern he had a treble winning machine who had preeminence in their own league

We have arguably the best squad in the league but one where a few of its biggest stars have question marks

Toure , too old and his legs have gone
Kompany , can't stay fit
Aguero , absolutely class but fragile
Silva , again world class but the wrong side of thirty

Can Pep get more out of our current squad ? Will we need wholesale changes, will he use the academy?

On paper we need

2 new fullbacks, could he use Angelino / mafeo here ? Zaba and Clichy as first choice ?
1 world class centre half , stones has potential but isn't world class
1 world class centre mid / defensive mid , pogba would be my choice here , could get him now?
1 world class forward who can play wide or through the middle , Neymar would be my choice but very hard to get

"Wrong side of thirty" ... Silva is exactly 30 years old. Not sure how rationalise that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.