Perseverance NASA rover on Mars

I’ve got an old Celestron reflector scope. It’s been around a few years now, needs a good clean inside. I’ll have to get it done.

It’s always a great moment when I get someone to look through the telescope. I’ll dial in a star cluster or something, maybe the Pleiades, low power eye-piece or a wide angle, whichever. Every single person, they step up to the scope and take a look… almost immediately, they step away again and look up at the sky where the scope is pointing. They don’t say a word, silent. Then they go back for another look.

I know, in that moment, the cosmos has stared into them. Even if it’s just on a subconscious level, they’ve peered out into the cradle of life and connected with the past, present and future, all in a kaleidoscopic second: that’s where I’m from and that’s where my atoms are going when I’m dust. Powerful. Profound. Permanent.
Until some Youtuber starts a conspiracy theory about it faked

Breaking News:

CFG announce they've completed the purchase of a Martian league club. FC Hesperia Planum will now be able to loan players in and out of CFG group clubs to increase their player development. The deal was overseen personally by HRH Sheik Mansour who teleported (Suck a bag of Dicks Elon!) to the dusky stadium to sign the papers personally. To commemorate the deal CFG will send an all-star CFG team lead by Lionel Messi to play the first football friendly on a non-terrestrial football ground.

CFG is now the first interplanetary brand.

If anyone likes this they should check out the footage of Cassini-Huygens descent to Titan in 2005.

We're going back in 2027 although it will take 7 years to get there. If you have interested children, get them into meteorites. Harry McSween has written some great books on meteorites and some of them are from Mars and the Moon.

7. Years to get there it makes it so far away and impossible to travel too Titan, it’s supposed to be 2026/ 2027
I am sure we will find a way. Unlike Mars it has an atmosphere and it's pretty similar in pressure to Earth, and most Nitrogen too. Titan is in many ways the most interesting of all the worlds in the solar system because biomolecules such as amino acids rain out of the atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.