Perseverance NASA rover on Mars

Only just started watching this myself and it'll take a while to get through as it weighs in at a hefty near 2-hour video but thought I'd share here for the interested. Fairly near the start they commence to deconstruct the video of the landing giving the viewer a lot more information on what's happening. Loving it so far so thought I'd share.

The 3rd video is the one I'm talking about on the following link:

NASA breaks down the landing footage

sunset on Mars - this is epic

Only just started watching this myself and it'll take a while to get through as it weighs in at a hefty near 2-hour video but thought I'd share here for the interested. Fairly near the start they commence to deconstruct the video of the landing giving the viewer a lot more information on what's happening. Loving it so far so thought I'd share.

The 3rd video is the one I'm talking about on the following link:

NASA breaks down the landing footage
Youtube link..

To go too Titan it would take 14 years out of your life Marvin, if we went we’d have to stay, no coming home and travel is almost the speed of light.

Mars is probably the best option I think, until we invent teleports.

I think we invented the parachute and at a decent of 1000 miles an hour it’s pretty awesome the fact it was successful

Last edited:
To go too Titan it would take 14 years out of your life Marvin, if we went we’d have to stay, no coming home and travel is almost the speed of light.

Mars is probably the best option I think, until we invent teleports.

I think we invented the parachute and at a decent of 1000 miles an hour it’s pretty awesome the fact it was successful
I like Titan because of the presence of ammonia and water, and biomolecules. Dragonfly plans to visit an impact crater called Selk where there is evidence of ice-water. The atmosphere of Titan rains down biomolecules including amino acids. Imagine an impact event, liquid water, and biomolecules. An unknown is what impact ammonia has on liquid water. Water on Earth is described as life's matrix but how does ammonia affect the hydrogen bonding in water which control much of the properties of water.

I like Titan because of the presence of ammonia and water, and biomolecules. Dragonfly plans to visit an impact crater called Selk where there is evidence of ice-water. The atmosphere of Titan rains down biomolecules including amino acids. Imagine an impact event, liquid water, and biomolecules. An unknown is what impact ammonia has on liquid water. Water on Earth is described as life's matrix but how does ammonia affect the hydrogen bonding in water which control much of the properties of water.
Titan, IMO, should be a top priority.

What's not at all understandable to me is - and maybe this is mostly a Trump/Republican ambition - the desire for a manned mission to mars. There are enormous challenges to overcome if such a mission is to be successful and the amount of money spent on such an effort will be correspondingly extravagant.

Meanwhile, unmanned exploration of our solar system is much less expensive - albeit still challenging - while still reaping the rewards for pushing technology and for scientific exploration.

Landing a man on Mars seems to me a nationalistic we're-the-best-nation ambition as opposed to something that best benefits society.

Last edited:
Mars may be a good staging post while we explore the rest of the solar system and they think there is water locked underground, all they need is an atmosphere and water is the key to creating one.

it may be expensive but they learn so much from exploration we spent 22 billion on failed track and trace I read and the Mars mission cost 3.2billion or 2.3 nor sure which it was.

Mars may be a good staging post while we explore the rest of the solar system and they think there is water locked underground, all they need is an atmosphere and water is the key to creating one.

it may be expensive but they learn so much from exploration we spent 22 billion on failed track and trace I read and the Mars mission cost 3.2billion or 2.3 nor sure which it was.
There's water locked up on the moon too. Much nearer and less gravity to deal with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.