Perspective

TheMightyQuinn

We played one of the best teams in the world, twats as they are they're also sickeningly good.

They had everything to play for and have a big week ahead, they got to 2-0 then sat back meaning we had no counter attacking options and had to break down one of the best defences in the world on their own patch.

Our only hope prior to the game was to come out top in a 90 minute blood and guts display, they did a pro job on us ultimately.

Feel sick to my stomach but that's the thick and thin of the day really.

Taking Rob off for 3 mins to be replaced by Evans was odd but I'll save that rant for another day.

We were poor, our big players didnt turn up and we still tend to ignore Robinho as opposed to channel everything through him.

Don't think anyone would argue with their quality and a 2-0 defeat isn't by any means an embarassment.

What disappointed me was our lack of desire to get into them, we looked caught in the headlights and had no idea how to get at them. Surely if all else fails then when we get a free kick launch it into the box and play the numbers game but we failed to de even that.

If we're looking to the future and what players really want to be a part of this club long term then it was the lack of desire, passion and fight within the team that I felt was the real disappointing factor today.

Blue2112 said:
Don't think anyone would argue with their quality and a 2-0 defeat isn't by any means an embarassment.

What disappointed me was our lack of desire to get into them, we looked caught in the headlights and had no idea how to get at them. Surely if all else fails then when we get a free kick launch it into the box and play the numbers game but we failed to de even that.

If we're looking to the future and what players really want to be a part of this club long term then it was the lack of desire, passion and fight within the team that I felt was the real disappointing factor today.

I'd go along with that but then I think there was an aspect of 'if we go for it now we'll get turned over' in the back of a lot of players minds.

We were shockingly lacking in all aspects today to be fair, our passing was good if it was 5ft and sideways but barring Petrovs shot in the last minutes we never once looked like scoring.

I don't know. At the end of the day lads we know love the club and wanted to win today looked as poor as the more questionable players we have in my opinion. Weird day all round in many ways.

Blue2112 said:

Utd, didn't really get into top gear thats what annoys me. We had space and time today but our excecution was really poor. No speed and that allowed Utd to regroup and organise. There was one point at the end during one of our attacks where Utd had the four across the back and a bank of 4 midfield players in front of them almost in a perfect row. They are superb going forward and really organsied when it comes to defending.

I thought De Jong and Kompany did their job and the defence were solid enough it was our flair players Ireland, Elano and Robby who let us down.

On a side note anyone else feel belittled to see Rooney on the bench and Ronaldo taken off mid second half ?.

citymad said:
Blue2112 said:

Utd, didn't really get into top gear thats what annoys me. We had space and time today but our excecution was really poor. No speed and that allowed Utd to regroup and organise. There was one point at the end during one of our attacks where Utd had the four across the back and a bank of 4 midfield players in front of them almost in a perfect row. They are superb going forward and really organsied when it comes to defending.

I thought De Jong and Kompany did their job and the defence were solid enough it was our flair players Ireland, Elano and Robby who let us down.

On a side note anyone else feel belittled to see Rooney on the bench and Ronaldo taken off mid second half ?.

No. They still had over £60,000,000 worth of strikers on the pitch.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Taking Rob off for 3 mins to be replaced by Evans was odd but I'll save that rant for another day.

Looked to me like Robinho had pulled a groin or hamstring.wasnt walking right.

this was not their strongest starting 11 today, i would keep robinho and given, (wow remember all them on here crying to keep hart in) the rest i would replace, whilst some of them are fairly good players, they are not quality players and yes i m aware it cant be done overnight thanks

staffs_blue said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Looked to me like Robinho had pulled a groin or hamstring.wasnt walking right.

Must have done it bending down to pull his socks up then because he did fuck all else to cause it.

TheMightyQuinn said:
We played one of the best teams in the world...

Jeez...they beat a team from Vietnam + some village in China!!! ha ha awesome.

Hang on...they were humiliated in the European Super Cup by Zenit St P...the true European Champions.

The LIARS (rags / press) like to brush that under the carpet and pretend ;-)

Ha Ha

From what I saw today we're not too far behind that bunch of c@nts.
Three maybe four top class signings should make things interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.