Perspective

black mamba said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
We played one of the best teams in the world, twats as they are they're also sickeningly good.

They had everything to play for and have a big week ahead, they got to 2-0 then sat back meaning we had no counter attacking options and had to break down one of the best defences in the world on their own patch.

Our only hope prior to the game was to come out top in a 90 minute blood and guts display, they did a pro job on us ultimately.

Feel sick to my stomach but that's the thick and thin of the day really.

Taking Rob off for 3 mins to be replaced by Evans was odd but I'll save that rant for another day.

We were poor, our big players didnt turn up and we still tend to ignore Robinho as opposed to channel everything through him.

Good post BM. I think if you go to the swamp, you've got to surpass United's work-rate at least if you're going to get a result. We didn't do that today, simple as. We'd have created some chances if we had done.

They are a good side , but that was far from the rags best that we saw today ..... even their fans in the pub were admitting it!

City just didn't set their stall out right ...... we didn't compete enough , and we gave the ball away far too much ...... without SWP we saw little width , and we just were content to try to put passes together and keep ball without really creating anything!

They were really there for the taking if we'd have made a genuine attemp to win this game , but we had players out there who just weren't up to the mark ........ and that's why we lost!

scowy68 said:
With players of the ability of Elano and Robinho on the pitch,why do we have a pop from outside the box more often?your never going to walk it in against a defence as strong as the rags.Apart from one Robinho shot and a Bojinov effort,i can't remember us testing Van Der Sar.

There was a few blocked shots from distance.

emptypockets said:
scowy68 said:
With players of the ability of Elano and Robinho on the pitch,why do we have a pop from outside the box more often?your never going to walk it in against a defence as strong as the rags.Apart from one Robinho shot and a Bojinov effort,i can't remember us testing Van Der Sar.

There was a few blocked shots from distance.

Their was a lot more times when we tried to play the killer final ball when a shot might have resulted in more damage in the rags box as well.

black mamba said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
We played one of the best teams in the world, twats as they are they're also sickeningly good.

They had everything to play for and have a big week ahead, they got to 2-0 then sat back meaning we had no counter attacking options and had to break down one of the best defences in the world on their own patch.

Our only hope prior to the game was to come out top in a 90 minute blood and guts display, they did a pro job on us ultimately.

Taking Rob off for 3 mins to be replaced by Evans was odd but I'll save that rant for another day.

We were poor, our big players didnt turn up and we still tend to ignore Robinho as opposed to channel everything through him.

They are a good side , but that was far from the rags best that we saw today ..... even their fans in the pub were admitting it!

City just didn't set their stall out right ...... we didn't compete enough , and we gave the ball away far too much ...... without SWP we saw little width , and we just were content to try to put passes together and keep ball without really creating anything!

They were really there for the taking if we'd have made a genuine attemp to win this game , but we had players out there who just weren't up to the mark ........ and that's why we lost!

It's a shame we haven't had the chance to try out Petrov and SWP on both flanks in a game yet?
What you'll get from this is two natural wingers holding there positions and not drifting inside, then there will be no space for the opposing full backs to exploit.
Also Rob could then play in a free role behind the front man and drift across the back four.

It might have helped if we had turned up and had a go.

Irrelevant now though, whilst we have a RAG as manager I cant see us taking anything from them, have seen the 2 worst derbies in living memory this season.

They must be dead certs for 6 points a season with Hughes in charge.

I can see him getting quite a fan base.

Robbo was brilliant today guys, wasn't he??? Elano too!! All my previous grievances against those two ol' Brazilians were silenced with their spineless performance today!! Hooray!! Go City! Buy more boys from Rio!!

Danamy said:
black mamba said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

It's a shame we haven't had the chance to try out Petrov and SWP on both flanks in a game yet?
What you'll get from this is two natural wingers holding there positions and not drifting inside, then there will be no space for the opposing full backs to exploit.
Also Rob could then play in a free role behind the front man and drift across the back four.

Thats a good point.

.........................Given

...Zabaleta....Onuoha....Kompany......Bridge

...SWP..........Ireland....De Jong........Petrov

................................Robinho

....................Bojinov/Caicedo

ShaunyWrightWright said:
Robbo was brilliant today guys, wasn't he??? Elano too!! All my previous grievances against those two ol' Brazilians were silenced with their spineless performance today!! Hooray!! Go City! Buy more boys from Rio!!

I don't know about that 'SWW' ...... i don't think any City player could put their hand on their heart and say they had a great game today ...... and basically that's why we came off second best!

I actually thought Elano was poor , and Robinho was hardly much better.

staffs_blue said:
Danamy said:
black mamba said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Thats a good point.

.........................Given

...Zabaleta....Onuoha....Kompany......Bridge

...SWP..........Ireland....De Jong........Petrov

................................Robinho

....................Bojinov/Caicedo

That's the exact team i would've liked to of seen play at sometime this season, i think we would of been more effective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.