Perspective

pissedagain said:
this was not their strongest starting 11 today, i would keep robinho and given, (wow remember all them on here crying to keep hart in) the rest i would replace, whilst some of them are fairly good players, they are not quality players and yes i m aware it cant be done overnight thanks

You'd replace Ireland would you? Who the fuck with?

He didn't have the best game today but to suggest that he needs replacing is short-sighted.

staffs_blue said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Taking Rob off for 3 mins to be replaced by Evans was odd but I'll save that rant for another day.

Looked to me like Robinho had pulled a groin or hamstring.wasnt walking right.

Be back in Brazil by tomorrow morning, consulting his medical team.
Hope it won't effect his dancing.
I try to stick up for him, but sometimes he's just not interested , is he?
He's the type of player who it would be unfair to expect an all action display every game, but I'm not lying to myself to protect him.
It was sunny too, so bang goes the "They only perform when it's sunny" theory !

todays result is irrelevant i`ve seen us get beat in derbys many times but as long as the team show some passion and aggression and at the end of the game have gave 110% then thats all you can ask,but today we fell short i can hardly remember one meaty challenge in the game.

feedthegoat2007 said:
todays result is irrelevant i`ve seen us get beat in derbys many times but as long as the team show some passion and aggression and at the end of the game have gave 110% then thats all you can ask,but today we fell short i can hardly remember one meaty challenge in the game.

I can remember several.

Kevcod said:
staffs_blue said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Taking Rob off for 3 mins to be replaced by Evans was odd but I'll save that rant for another day.

Looked to me like Robinho had pulled a groin or hamstring.wasnt walking right.

He's the type of player who it would be unfair to expect an all action display every game, but I'm not lying to myself to protect him.

If you were unfortunate enough to sky + the game fast forward to around 84 mins.He goes in for a challenge with Vidic I think and immediately pulls up and holds his upper leg.Then when he is subbed a few minutes later he is hobbling up the stairs to the dugout.

As I've said in a previous post on Ireland that I say what I see.The team in general was poor today so whats the point in picking on Robinho.He cannot do it on his own.

Just another insipid away performance and around the 15th time this season hughes has trotted out his 'we didn't ask enough questions' line.

So we lose against the best side in Europe and questions are asked,seems our previous 4 games don't mean anything now.Talk about fickle fans!

TheMightyQuinn said:
We played one of the best teams in the world, twats as they are they're also sickeningly good.

They had everything to play for and have a big week ahead, they got to 2-0 then sat back meaning we had no counter attacking options and had to break down one of the best defences in the world on their own patch.

Our only hope prior to the game was to come out top in a 90 minute blood and guts display, they did a pro job on us ultimately.

Feel sick to my stomach but that's the thick and thin of the day really.

We were poor, our big players didnt turn up and we still tend to ignore Robinho as opposed to channel everything through him.

They are a good side , but that was far from the rags best that we saw today ..... even their fans in the pub were admitting it!

City just didn't set their stall out right ...... we didn't compete enough , and we gave the ball away far too much ...... without SWP we saw little width , and we just were content to try to put passes together and keep ball without really creating anything!

They were really there for the taking if we'd have made a genuine attempt to win this game , but we had players out there who just weren't up to the mark ........ and that's why we lost!

With players of the ability of Elano and Robinho on the pitch,why do we have a pop from outside the box more often?your never going to walk it in against a defence as strong as the rags.Apart from one Robinho shot and a Bojinov effort,i can't remember us testing Van Der Sar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.