Pete The Badge - 77th Birthday Pictures / video pages 19 / 20

To be fair, unless you're on Bluemoon or in the SS, you would have no idea who Pete was. It's only the last couple of years that I found out about him, and I've been going on/off for over 40 years.

Joy Division though, that sounds like it was his first match at the Etihad. When watching on telly you don't hear the refrain that we are 'taking cockneys apart again'. It's great that the DJ plays it though !

Tearing

To be fair, unless you're on Bluemoon or in the SS, you would have no idea who Pete was. It's only the last couple of years that I found out about him, and I've been going on/off for over 40 years.

Joy Division though, that sounds like it was his first match at the Etihad. When watching on telly you don't hear the refrain that we are 'tearing cockneys apart again'. It's great that the DJ plays it though !
I knew of and spoke to Pete regularly back in the old ground as he used to stand near us in the Kippax. Didn't know anything about his background though until I read it on here.

I knew of and spoke to Pete regularly back in the old ground as he used to stand near us in the Kippax. Didn't know anything about his background though until I read it on here.

Did he wear all that gear back then? I guess he did as he had it on in 1987 when I travelled with him with the London supporters branch and we were at Maine Road then.

Did he wear all that gear back then? I guess he did as he had it on in 1987 when I travelled with him with the London supporters branch and we were at Maine Road then.
He did. I remember him having some proper half-mast sky blue trousers and city socks. I also remember he had some badges on his scarf that were less than complimentary about our Trafford neighbours. Not sure if he still wears them.

He used to bring a transistor radio in with him and he was always listening out for the scores around the grounds. He'd be giving out the half time scores before they were announced over the tannoy.

He did. I remember him having some proper half-mast sky blue trousers and city socks. I also remember he had some badges on his scarf that were less than complimentary about our Trafford neighbours. Not sure if he still wears them.

He used to bring a transistor radio in with him and he was always listening out for the scores around the grounds. He'd be giving out the half time scores before they were announced over the tannoy.

I often wonder when he first started to wear all that gear and what prompted him. It was rather a brave move back in the hooligan days to be so noticeable.

Joy Division though, that sounds like it was his first match at the Etihad. When watching on telly you don't hear the refrain that we are 'tearing cockneys apart again'. It's great that the DJ plays it though !
I met him years ago. I used to see him at most of the aways and on the train.
I’m sure most city fans have an idea who he is as he’s hardly inconspicuous is he.
Great part of our history and a real gem of a bloke.

Very late 70''s.... most likely 79, my best mate and his brother went to Spurs away. Jim 20 and his brother 17 or 18.
Walking towards WHL and noticing Spurs fans coming the opposite way looking and pointing at them and they (in plain clothes) start shitting themselves. They decided once they reached the next corner they would leggit to the away end.
They reached the corner and went for it and once they realised no one was chasing them, they stopped and turned around and there was Pete turning the corner and walking towards them.
They always called him Mad Pete because he was clearly mad doing what he did!

In the mid 80's he'd travel on the Special - he was living in Accrington then. A few of us always had a chat with him. It was around 86 or 87 he said he was moving down south as he couldn't find work - pretty sure he said he was working at Heathrow

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.