Pete The Badge - 77th Birthday Pictures / video pages 19 / 20

My brother stopped going for a while because he preferred us when we were skint. What’s the big deal?

It's funny isn't it? At 0-2 down against Palace I was saying to the guy next to me it was easier when we weren't very good. We turned up most games expecting to get beat so anything else was a bonus and we just sang and had a laugh all game. After we turned it around I was thinking, "Thank God we're good now" lol.

My worst period was after we'd kind of established ourselves back in the premier league. We'd had to sell SWP to Chelsea and the awful realisation sunk in that this was our lot now. Mid table mediocrity. Maybe a fight for Europe or against relegation to raise the heartbeat occasionally. The odd win against the rags or another top four club now and then.I'd long given up on winning anything ourselves. I watched the same top four share all the trophies between themselves and keep the monopoly due to the champions League money and thought what's the point? We were just supporting acts, there to make up the numbers. I guess other teams look at ourselves that way now. I wouldn't change our past it was a crazy time, I just wish our years in the wilderness hadn't lasted so bloody long lol.

It's funny isn't it? At 0-2 down against Palace I was saying to the guy next to me it was easier when we weren't very good. We turned up most games expecting to get beat so anything else was a bonus and we just sang and had a laugh all game. After we turned it around I was thinking, "Thank God we're good now" lol.

My worst period was after we'd kind of established ourselves back in the premier league. We'd had to sell SWP to Chelsea and the awful realisation sunk in that this was our lot now. Mid table mediocrity. Maybe a fight for Europe or against relegation to raise the heartbeat occasionally. The odd win against the rags or another top four club now and then.I'd long given up on winning anything ourselves. I watched the same top four share all the trophies between themselves and keep the monopoly due to the champions League money and thought what's the point? We were just supporting acts, there to make up the numbers. I guess other teams look at ourselves that way now. I wouldn't change our past it was a crazy time, I just wish our years in the wilderness hadn't lasted so bloody long lol.
It’s brilliant being a Blue. R kid has a mate in a Council
Flat in Wythenshawe. His best mate went on to be a famous pop star and offered to take him off the estate and into a plush pad. The mate’s response was I’m happy where I am.

Took my 12 year old to the FA cup semi and he was gutted at the end

told him to keep that feeling and he will appreciate all the good times that come our way

he was over the blue moon against Villa

As for Pete I am so proud of all who made his day so special, this is what our club as always been about not the money and titles it’s about feeling part of something special

It’s brilliant being a Blue. R kid has a mate in a Council
Flat in Wythenshawe. His best mate went on to be a famous pop star and offered to take him off the estate and into a plush pad. The mate’s response was I’m happy where I am.

Some people are. I grew up in Benchill there,my mum and dad still live in the same house, they bought it off the council years ago. If you are lucky enough to live in a close knit community it can be great. Everywhere was like that when I was a kid growing up in Hulme, everyone left their front doors open and helped one another. Then they pulled the houses down, moved everyone all over the place and stuck the rest in those horrible tower blocks.

On the subject of us being rubbish this just popped up, happy days lol.

We’re those time really that bad though in all honesty?

For me probably 3/4 months In the championship in 97/98 when we were on the managerial merry go round. Besides that it was just like life, a series of peaks and troughs where the good moments were to be savoured and the bad bits made the good moments, that bit better. I cannot believe how lucky I have been following City to have watched so many defining matches for promotions/relegations/lifting trophies.

The fans I feel sorry for are those who support clubs who neither reach the heights or plummet the depths. Like spending your life walking around garden centres.

Took my 12 year old to the FA cup semi and he was gutted at the end

told him to keep that feeling and he will appreciate all the good times that come our way

he was over the blue moon against Villa

As for Pete I am so proud of all who made his day so special, this is what our club as always been about not the money and titles it’s about feeling part of something special

The years of suffering certainly make the good days sweeter.

We’re those time really that bad though in all honesty?

For me probably 3/4 months In the championship in 97/98 when we were on the managerial merry go round. Besides that it was just like life, a series of peaks and troughs where the good moments were to be savoured and the bad bits made the good moments, that bit better. I cannot believe how lucky I have been following City to have so many promotions/relegations/trophies, watched so many defining matches.

The fans I feel sorry for are those who support clubs who neither reach the heights or plummet the depths. Like spending your life walking around garden centres.

Yes we had plenty of laughs along the way and always that eternal hope that this season would be the one we finally took off. I still looked at clubs probably classed as smaller than us winning the odd League cup and thought why can't we??

Some people are. I grew up in Benchill there,my mum and dad still live in the same house, they bought it off the council years ago. If you are lucky enough to live in a close knit community it can be great. Everywhere was like that when I was a kid growing up in Hulme, everyone left their front doors open and helped one another. Then they pulled the houses down, moved everyone all over the place and stuck the rest in those horrible tower blocks.

On the subject of us being rubbish this just popped up, happy days lol.

That brings back nightmares lol. I remember getting into Maine Road 5 mins late for a midweek cup game against Blackpool. I said to my mate. I nil down to Blackpool ffs. He said it’s 2 nil lol

That brings back nightmares lol. I remember getting into Maine Road 5 mins late for a midweek cup game against Blackpool. I said to my mate. I nil down to Blackpool ffs. He said it’s 2 nil lol

Our keeper and defence in that game were non existent lol.

Last season in the 2-2 against Liverpool I nipped to the toilet just before the second half started. I came back and said, "We just need to keep it tight the first 15 minutes." The bloke next to me said, "It's 2-2." I was gobsmacked. I'm in the south stand and hadn't even heard the scousers cheer the goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.