Peter Barnes

A very exciting player to watch jinxing past defenders at speed. Amazing winger. I got meself one of those Peter Barnes trainer balls for Christmas... they were amazing. You tied it to your shorts hit the ball and it would be tied to elastic so it would come back to you
Loved BARNES However did anyone read FAT RONS (Twatkinson book} where he slated Peter for alledged accusations of naughty goings on similar to Grahams at highbury

Back in the days before football began in 92. Massive crowds to match our floodlights.
e3b2381bafe1936d604db8784588ceeb.jpg

I used to look a bit like Barnesy at school in the 70’s. Whilst he has retained his youthful good looks, I now resemble Lieutenant Theo Kojak. Ace

No he's not brown bread. Just thought this lad deserves a mention. Say what you want about Peter Swales, but I blame him for Barnesy's demise. If he'd have left Tony Book in full charge of the first team and not brought back Big Mal, who got rid of Peter Barnes and spent an absolute fortune, we'd have gone on to great things. Swales then brought in another Allison style character, in the shape of John Bond, who then went on to bleed the club dry. I know, I've heard it all before about Swales, "he only wanted the best for the club" and "he was Blue through and through". Well I'm sorry, but he fooked our club, by demoting Tony Book and I believe fooked up our history. We as City fans, were robbed of glory back then and Swales was to blame. Those of you that booed and totally demoralised Barnes on his return to Maine Road, should look in the mirror and call yourself a cnut! One of the greatest players ever to wear the colours of our club and although he once wore the colours of yoonited, is Blue through and through, forever and ever.
Brilliant player mate and more than worthy of a mention, loved watching him skin defences at Maine Road, we could do with him in the squad now with Sane injured...
I have forgiven him for his rag indiscretion.....just... :-)

Met Peter Barnes in the Waldorf last year.Really top bloke I can tell you.Gang of us had a great night reminiscing.Told him I remembered him having a stormer for England v Italy.Anyone remember him jinking past a couple of Italian defenders ?
Yeah will never forget the italy match.the italian right back waa run ragged, one of the top right backs in world football completely bamboozled by brilliant Barnes.

Remember my old man playing the old big matches. A great player, beat a player with skill and trickery rather than use his pace. I'm trying to think he would remind me of in the modern game. Whatever happened to him? He should have been a legend (unless he already is)

A great guy. Used to represent us at Maine Road when we were shite. Always stuck up for the Blues. Of course he was a Blue after his dad Ken. Don't blame him one bit for going to the scum, had to make a living. He will always be City.

Met peter on blue Tuesday a couple of years ago. Nice guy and good talking to him. He is involved in blues supporters clubs in Sweden I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.