Peter Barnes

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by hallstreetblue, 3 Dec 2013.

1. Roger Edmunds

Roger Edmunds

The right full-back he was up against that day was Graham Wilkins (Ray's brother). He ran him so ragged he ended up being sent off for one foul too many.

2. bavarian blue

bavarian blue

Remember that day well.

3. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    If it’s any consolation be assured he hates them as much as you do and loves City more than he hates them Yeah it’s a job

Kirkiep likes this.
  4. Stevieatlasblue

Stevieatlasblue

A very exciting player to watch jinxing past defenders at speed. Amazing winger. I got meself one of those Peter Barnes trainer balls for Christmas... they were amazing. You tied it to your shorts hit the ball and it would be tied to elastic so it would come back to you

Kirkiep likes this.
  5. adelaideblue

adelaideblue

got to meet him a couple of times as he was best mates with my cousin who he came through the city ranks with as a junior. I was back in Manc on holidays from Oz in '80 and we caught up with him Owen and McKenzie I think from memory in a pub after WBrom had played at Leeds. Few days later his Dad took me around main road and got to meet all the players and Allison at training.

Kirkiep likes this.
  6. Kirkiep

Kirkiep

Met Peter Barnes in the Waldorf last year.Really top bloke I can tell you.Gang of us had a great night reminiscing.Told him I remembered him having a stormer for England v Italy.Anyone remember him jinking past a couple of Italian defenders ?

dennishasdoneit and Keeper! like this.
  7. JCB001

JCB001

Had a great time with him in Ibiza about 18/19 years ago I was refffing in competition that his company had organised for holiday/footy trips.Trust me he was far from boring ,the one and only time that I did Karaoke.Late nights ? oh aye :) :) .Still see him now .City through and through

8. Millo

Millo

Peter Barnes was my favourite player growing up, a brilliant winger. It's a shame he defected over to the other side of the city.

9. Cheesy

Cheesy

Peter Barnes, Dennis Tueart & Asa Hartford were my favourite players when I was growing up :-)

10. denislawsbackheel

denislawsbackheel

I was at that game with a mate of mine who was playing away.
    He left for an assignation with his lady with the score 1-0.
    I tried to imagine his wife’s reaction when he got home and said we’d only won 1-0.