Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

Henkeman said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Henkeman said:
If the underdog wins, it's a bigger story. Always has been.
- congratulations on winning the; 'stating the bleedin obvious' prize of the week!

It appears the bleedin' obvious requires stating when some see everything as a conspiracy instead.

I doff my hat to you.

Henkeman said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Henkeman said:
If the underdog wins, it's a bigger story. Always has been.
- congratulations on winning the; 'stating the bleedin obvious' prize of the week!

It appears the bleedin' obvious requires stating when some see everything as a conspiracy instead.
I don't see it as a conspiracy. These people are employed to be unbiased and impartial commentators and analysts. If you can't see that some of them are a bit underwhelmed when we win or are winning, then that's up to you.

2sheikhs said:
Henkeman said:
ANY1aBLUE said:

I don't see it as a conspiracy. These people are employed to be unbiased and impartial commentators and analysts. If you can't see that some of them are a bit underwhelmed when we win or are winning, then that's up to you.

Gee, thanks........................got my life back.

Tyler is fine, it's that bitter red in the studio before, during and after games who doesn't hesitate sticking the knife in if we're losing, yet if we're winning, it's like pulling teeth trying to get anything good about us out of his mouth! I wish Buzza had smacked him one in the studio that time!
By comparison, Neville, who you'd think would be biggest sour faced red imaginable by comparison is nowhere near as bad !

He's alright, biased but alright, for me though the 'voice of football' its Motty or the late Brian Moore yeah some didn't like him but still I grew up with him on commentary as a kid.

I don't have any problems with Martin Tyler. I watched the Plzen game and can't say I noticed anything particularly negative, then read on here he was shockingly biased. I don't see it personally.
One thing's for sure. He does cover the BIG MOMENTS in the game with a certain panache. And, given we will be involved in lots and lots of such BIG MOMENTS over the next few years, our fans had better get used to enjoying his commentary!

BlueSiam said:
I don't have any problems with Martin Tyler. I watched the Plzen game and can't say I noticed anything particularly negative, then read on here he was shockingly biased. I don't see it personally.
One thing's for sure. He does cover the BIG MOMENTS in the game with a certain panache. And, given we will be involved in lots and lots of such BIG MOMENTS over the next few years, our fans had better get used to enjoying his commentary!
Must admit to being in this camp. I watched the game and didn't for a second hear any bias, mind you, if you're not listening for it you probably won't hear it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.