Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I thought Brian Moore was a dreadful commentator. He was like an absent minded uncle, always getting the players names wrong.

He did have a real warmth about him though. And the "it's up for grabs now" was a great commentary moment. Barry Davies was always my favourite - and one of the few prepared to say a game was awful. Ironic his most famous line came in a hockey match.

This will probably get me shouted at but the best present commentator is Gary Neville. Yes he was an arse when he played and was always the first stop for the media for 'comments' pre derby games but since he's started commentating I've found him nothing but fair and unbiased. I'm pretty impressed with him.

ColinLee said:
This will probably get me shouted at but the best present commentator is Gary Neville. Yes he was an arse when he played and was always the first stop for the media for 'comments' pre derby games but since he's started commentating I've found him nothing but fair and unbiased. I'm pretty impressed with him.

i totally agree... is unbiased and fair most of the times....have to give him credit for that

ColinLee said:

He's very good as is,surprisingly to me,Carragher.

Both offer interesting,impartial and honest appraisals.

razman said:
ColinLee said:

i totally agree... is unbiased and fair most of the times....have to give him credit for that

What I like is that he doesn't try to pretend he's not United through and through. If he did, everyone would view him with contempt. So he's unbiased in his views whilst acknowledging openly he wants United to win. And that's fair enough - of course he does.

razman said:
ColinLee said:

He is a total twat

Tbilisi said:
razman said:
ColinLee said:

He is a total twat

that's being far too kind to the rag coont

Henkeman said:
Barry Davies was always my favourite - and one of the few prepared to say a game was awful. Ironic his most famous line came in a hockey match.
Class commentator. Really understood the game and appreciated everything about it. I remember him commentating on Greece's first game of Euro 2004 (think it was against Portugal). Throughout the game he picked out great examples of how organised that team were, how good their positioning was, etc. , when everyone else was moaning abut how they weren't lying down and letting Portugal score.

The BBC's next live game was England v France, with John Motson. How he got England game instead of Davies, I'll never know.

che_don_john said:
Henkeman said:
Barry Davies was always my favourite - and one of the few prepared to say a game was awful. Ironic his most famous line came in a hockey match.
Class commentator. Really understood the game and appreciated everything about it. I remember him commentating on Greece's first game of Euro 2004 (think it was against Portugal). Throughout the game he picked out great examples of how organised that team were, how good their positioning was, etc. , when everyone else was moaning abut how they weren't lying down and letting Portugal score.

The BBC's next live game was England v France, with John Motson. How he got England game instead of Davies, I'll never know.

Davies' commentary of the Kampagnola v Spatsky world championship showdown remains a classic to this day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWgg20IqibM[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.