Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

Caveman said:
Listen to the title winning commentary; i swear he cries in anguish when he says "Agüeeerooooooooooooo"! You could replace the "Agüer" with "N" and he could be crying "Nooooooooooooo!"

It certainly wasn't a cry of joy, nor excitement.

I don't subscribe to the media is against us, hiding behind me settee and wearing tin foil on my head bullshit - but i know for sure Tyler doesn't like us.
Last night just went from bad to fucking worse for me. I broke down in Liverpool after dropping my son off at around 5.00 pm. Phoned The AA who arrived at 6.50. Turns out he was a rag from Warrington who knew fuck all about football but preceded to tell me all about how great Utd are and the other nonsense they tend to come out with. Got car on back of van and then I had to sit next to the **** for 45 minutes until he dropped me off, all the time with the radio on listening to us being dismantled whilst this fat **** couldn't take the grin off his face.
Got in just in time for the second half and then had to listen to Tyler - I swear if I wasn't already feeling down this **** nearly had me heading for the nearest tree!
The only plus point is instead of being there in person watching us be destroyed I was lay on the settee with a big spliff which eased the pain - recommend it to anyone..

Gary Neville was the fairer and more professional of the two yesterday. Says it all. The old **** kept on twisting the dagger while gloating at us being pummeled. When Neville was saying how opponents used to did it to them too (ie making them chase shadows all match), the bastard had to quickly defend manyoo by countering, but they did it to other teams more often. What a cheerleader for the rags

i wouldnt let the c-u-n-t tyler in the ground for the next game , and i used to hate neville with a passion as a player , but fair play to rat boy , he is a decent and fair pundit , talks a lot of sense , but i still wouldnt tire of punching his face.

jared said:
Gary Neville was the fairer and more professional of the two yesterday. Says it all. The old **** kept on twisting the dagger while gloating at us being pummeled. When Neville was saying how opponents used to did it to them too (ie making them chase shadows all match), the bastard had to quickly defend manyoo by countering, but they did it to other teams more often. What a cheerleader for the rags
I clocked that one.

The other two that come to mind were 'of course Manchester City don't have the European pedigree of what's been achieved at Old Trafford'

And 'Can you recall a top English club being so comprehensively beaten at home in Europe?'

I suppose a neutral hearing those would say he's firstly stating a fact and then asking a genuine question. But none of us are neutral so fuck him the ****!

Walkbustaxi said:
jared said:
I clocked that one.

The other two that come to mind were 'of course Manchester City don't have the European pedigree of what's been achieved at Old Trafford'

And 'Can you recall a top English club being so comprehensively beaten at home in Europe?'

I suppose a neutral hearing those would say he's firstly stating a fact and then asking a genuine question. But none of us are neutral so fuck him the ****!

Commentator in "engaging in dialogue with co-presenter" shocker.

Sorry but any rag who screams Agueroooooooo! like that isn't exactly going to be chairman of the fan club.

NQCitizen said:
Walkbustaxi said:
jared said:
I clocked that one.

Sorry but any rag who screams Agueroooooooo! like that isn't exactly going to be chairman of the fan club.

You are wrong. Tyler was devastated when Aguero scored. You can hear it in the commentary. He is very flat when the ball hits the net, realises he's supposed to be impartial and adds the 'ooooooooo!' to save his job. The BBC version was much more natural and authentic.

bacuzzi said:
NQCitizen said:
Walkbustaxi said:
I clocked that one.

You are wrong. Tyler was devastated when Aguero scored. You can hear it in the commentary. He is very flat when the ball hits the net, realises he's supposed to be impartial and adds the 'ooooooooo!' to save his job. The BBC version was much more natural and authentic.

He wasn't devasted or delighted. There was a millisecond hesitation whilst he was thinking "this is the most dramatic moment I'll ever comment on, how do I do it justice?"

Commentators are like refs. Fans accuse them of bias, but all they're bothered about is the reaction of their fellow refs or commentators. The outcome of any match means far less to them than does their personal standing amongst their peers.

Its also easier for radio commentators. They're always commentating a fraction behind actual play, gives them just enough thinking time. It appears that they're reacting instantly to the play but they aren't.

Speaking to a local lad here who commentates on MOTD, he publically supports York but his Premier League team is City. He was going to do a Supporters Club meeting for us but was advised by his co commenators that it would not be wise. He also told me that John Motson had said to him early in his carreer not to publicly reveal his team other than a lower division affiliation. Hence Motson = Barnet, Tyler = Woking etc

blueyorkie said:
Speaking to a local lad here who commentates on MOTD, he publically supports York but his Premier League team is City. He was going to do a Supporters Club meeting for us but was advised by his co commenators that it would not be wise. He also told me that John Motson had said to him early in his carreer not to publicly reveal his team other than a lower division affiliation. Hence Motson = Barnet, Tyler = Woking etc

Guy Mowbray ;)

Sky Blue said:
blueyorkie said:

Guy Mowbray ;)

I couldn't possibly comment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.