Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

I lived in Sheffield for many years after going to uni there and still work there. I've lost count of the number of accounts of absolutely appalling behaviour of Liverpool fans that day. One I heard at our daughter's football last season - a bus driver's accounts of Liverpool fans being off their heads and out of control - it was "like "the wild west" on his bus. Liverpool fans pissing over the walls into folk's front gardens, being abusive and not giving a fuck etc

Sure, the Police had overall responsibility, fucked up majorly and several of them lied and covered up, and still are. The Wednesday ground didn't have a safety certificate, the FA should never have put the game there given previous experiences, yet.....those scousers who turned up without tickets, hoping to push their way in, have blood on their hands. They too contributed to the deaths of their fellow fans. Their behaviour put weak inexperienced match commander and others under pressure that they couldn't handle and the SYPolice failed in their handling. If ticketless unruly Liverpool fans hadnt been present it would have been far less likely to have happened. Nothing will convince me otherwise.
Well said and simply the truth, if drunken , ticketless fans had not stormed that stand that tragedy would not have happened.

People died that day it was the policing that was wrong. There is good and bad in all fans of clubs. If we were any good at the time it could have been us lot in the leppings lane.
Police messed up big time and for anyone who went to that ground in the 80s they would know the South Yorkshire police were a joke but the fact remains that ticketless, drunk fans stormed those turnstiles.

- a bus driver's accounts of Liverpool fans being off their heads and out of control - it was "like "the wild west" on his bus. Liverpool fans pissing over the walls into folk's front gardens, being abusive and not giving a fuck etc
To be fair I have witnessed city fans acting exactly the same way over the near 30yrs and countless away trips I have been on.

And other rival fans on visits to Maine Rd and Eastlands.

The dickhead behaviour described happens with every fan base, problem is it is in small numbers but the red scouse get giddy and turn up in stupid numbers causing mayhem and fuckwittery, the ridiculous cult like amount of the twats that travel and are encouraged to travel magnifies the levels of such arseholes that will be in one area at one time.

He is Sly"s voice of football he wont get sacked , at most a grovelling apology to the Cult and a promise that he will verbally ejaculate all over them next time he is on the mike using all his cliched phrases . "Bobby" "Red Arrows" oh and not talk over the scouse national anthem.

To be fair I have witnessed city fans acting exactly the same way over the near 30yrs and countless away trips I have been on.

And other rival fans on visits to Maine Rd and Eastlands.

The dickhead behaviour described happens with every fan base, problem is it is in small numbers but the red scouse get giddy and turn up in stupid numbers causing mayhem and fuckwittery, the ridiculous cult like amount of the twats that travel and are encouraged to travel magnifies the levels of such arseholes that will be in one area at one time.
Scousers turn up at many major events and do the same thing and have done for decades

I used to go to big festivals back in the day, full of scousers, gibbing in, stealing and generally causing mayhem, scousers have a bad reputation the world over for a simple reason.

I lived in Sheffield for many years after going to uni there and still work there. I've lost count of the number of accounts of absolutely appalling behaviour of Liverpool fans that day. One I heard at our daughter's football last season - a bus driver's accounts of Liverpool fans being off their heads and out of control - it was "like "the wild west" on his bus. Liverpool fans pissing over the walls into folk's front gardens, being abusive and not giving a fuck etc

Sure, the Police had overall responsibility, fucked up majorly and several of them lied and covered up, and still are. The Wednesday ground didn't have a safety certificate, the FA should never have put the game there given previous experiences, yet.....those scousers who turned up without tickets, hoping to push their way in, have blood on their hands. They too contributed to the deaths of their fellow fans. Their behaviour put weak inexperienced match commander and others under pressure that they couldn't handle and the SYPolice failed in their handling. If ticketless unruly Liverpool fans hadnt been present it would have been far less likely to have happened. Nothing will convince me otherwise.
I used to stop at a Sandwich wagon near Chapel en Le Frith. When Covid rules were relaxed there was an outdoor concert just outside Buxton, for whatever reason a load of Scousers attended. The woman who operated the butty van had to close and go home, she said they were ordering food and drink and deliberately bullying her by underpaying, or not paying at all, she’d never seen anything like it, she had no agenda but the whole incident really upset her.

Scousers turn up at many major events and do the same thing and have done for decades

I used to go to big festivals back in the day, full of scousers, gibbing in, stealing and generally causing mayhem, scousers have a bad reputation the world over for a simple reason.
I don't deny that, cultfc fans are twats, but the specific description of charlied and pissed up fans being gobshites and pissing up the side of people houses could be said for any away day fans.
They just do it as a whole not in a minority

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.