Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

Longsight-memories said:
Eccles Blue said:
As a person who has marched many, many, many times for the freedom of others and the injustices meted out to people over the years, the last time being the 26th March 2011 in London (did I see you there!) and having been a steward at the Poll Tax marches in the 1980's I take your remarks very, very, seriously. I am a female pensioner so would not be classed as your 'Mate'. I made a statement about MOST of the stewards just doing their job; twice (at least) earlier in this thread I have stated very forcibly my support for the OP so please think before you try insulting me!!

Much more articulate people than you have tried to insult me MATE so just read back over the whole thread before you go off on one!!

Edit: If you search hard enough through these forums you may find something I quoted a few months ago on a similar thread but to save you the bother of searching I will repeat the verse just for you:

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out - because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the communists
and I did not speak out - because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out - because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me -
and by then there was no one left to speak out for me.

The German anti-Nazi activist,
Pastor Martin Niemöller

As I was a very active Trade Unionist that verse has always been instilled in me. You will find that, earlier in this thread, I stated that the club might possibly be looking into the situation but could not sack Fletcher out of hand because of employment laws. My background in the TU movement gave me that knowledge.

Rant over!! (For now anyway!!) :-)

So YOU are a communist & a trade unionist (both the same in my book)....& they missed ya..

I would have kept quiet about the stewarding on the poll tax demo as well. Smoking was the least of peoples worries on that one!

Apart from the petrol bombs of course.

Fletcher would have her dismissed straight away if he was in charge of the stewarding for that event. Not robust enough is the phrase he'd probably use i believe?

Perhaps he's delaying it until the traces of nicotine leave his body.....!
pride in battle said:
The OP needs to get to the docs and prove he doesn't smoke,get it done now,you take the initiative.

Eccles Blue said:
buzzer1 said:
quote; Eccles Blue. "Just doing their job".

How many times have we heard this right through history?

The Nazis where "just doing their job" as a prime example.

SO MATE, BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN YOU "JUST DO YOUR JOB", BECAUSE WHEN YOUR FREEDOM HAS GONE YOU WILL NEVER GET IT BACK, EVER.

Look at the OPs case, sign of things to come?

Fletcher= filthy slime, that is all.

As a person who has marched many, many, many times for the freedom of others and the injustices meted out to people over the years, the last time being the 26th March 2011 in London (did I see you there!) and having been a steward at the Poll Tax marches in the 1980's I take your remarks very, very, seriously. I am a female pensioner so would not be classed as your 'Mate'. I made a statement about MOST of the stewards just doing their job; twice (at least) earlier in this thread I have stated very forcibly my support for the OP so please think before you try insulting me!!

Much more articulate people than you have tried to insult me MATE so just read back over the whole thread before you go off on one!!

Edit: If you search hard enough through these forums you may find something I quoted a few months ago on a similar thread but to save you the bother of searching I will repeat the verse just for you:

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out - because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the communists
and I did not speak out - because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out - because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me -
and by then there was no one left to speak out for me.

The German anti-Nazi activist,
Pastor Martin Niemöller

As I was a very active Trade Unionist that verse has always been instilled in me. You will find that, earlier in this thread, I stated that the club might possibly be looking into the situation but could not sack Fletcher out of hand because of employment laws. My background in the TU movement gave me that knowledge.

Rant over!! (For now anyway!!) :-)

geez thats the answer to the worlds problems, have a demo, yeah the next hitler will be quaking in his boots!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.