Peter Fletcher Announces Retirement

Re: Peter fletcher

Excellent news.

Happy to take the word of showsec wankers over supporters without any evidence. In fact I know of one instance when he refused to acknowledge the existence of CCTV evidence that would have refuted the (incorrect) allegations of Showsec.

Wouldn't enter into any sort of correspondence (email, postal, telephone) unless absolutely pressured into a response.

Prestwich_Blue said:
He was sometimes his own worst enemy but a decent bloke when you talked to him face to face and actually we've things to thank him for as fans. Hope he's OK.

There's several notable occasions where innocent fans were banned and Fletcher wouldn't even consider reviewing what had happened because he had 100% blind faith in his Stewards. Usually the ShowSec ones.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:22 pm --<br /><br />
akcity said:
Not sticking up for him but he was very good with me when I was genuinely evicted for doing no wrong.

Reinstated no problem.

Makes me wonder whether some on BM who moan about being innocent really are?

That said, it may be a case of 'better the devil you know'.

One Blue had never smoked a cigarette in his life yet was banned for three matches. He took it to the MEN and still City (Fletcher) wouldn't budge. Either the Steward mistook him for another young man with short hair or they just randomly picked him because he wanted to use the toilet at half time.

Ardwick Green Blue said:
Probably the only people celebrating are the ones he had put on the naughty step. Unfortunately we have proportionally as many knobheads as any other club who would ruin it for the majority if they were allowed to do as they pleased.

Bollocks. Seen many cases of a scapegoat being targeted for next to nothing and made an example of. It has become a nanny state at the Etihad.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po0dZfS2CDg[/youtube]

Ardwick Green Blue said:
Probably the only people celebrating are the ones he had put on the naughty step. Unfortunately we have proportionally as many knobheads as any other club who would ruin it for the majority if they were allowed to do as they pleased.

I've been going to matches for 15 seasons and have yet to have one major problem with another Blue. There's been no need for an influx of ShowSec Stewards to ruin the day of so many just trying to get some atmosphere going - but they continue to inflame every situation they get involved with. They're casually employed, poorly trained and, more than often, U****d fans determined to spoil the day of any Blue they can.

peoffrey said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:

I've been going to matches for 15 seasons and have yet to have one major problem with another Blue. There's been no need for an influx of ShowSec Stewards to ruin the day of so many just trying to get some atmosphere going - but they continue to inflame every situation they get involved with. They're casually employed, poorly trained and, more than often, U****d fans determined to spoil the day of any Blue they can.

To be fair I know of plenty of Reds who have had there own problems with ShowSec Stewards over the years as well so it's a twofold problem. In the video above why exactly was this gentleman targeted? Doe's anyone know?

Blue Streak said:
peoffrey said:

To be fair I know of plenty of Reds who have had there own problems with ShowSec Stewards over the years as well so it's a twofold problem. In the video above why exactly was this gentleman targeted? Doe's anyone know?

City fans have also been abused by ShowSec Stewards at Old Trafford.

From memory, the Gentleman in the video was accused of standing up but refused to sit until the people rows in front of him were made to sit first. The Stewards decided to manhandle him and all hell broke loose. The weasel faced Steward who climbed over seats to grab him was deeply unprofessional in his conduct too.

Fletcher upheld the three match ban.

peoffrey said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
He was sometimes his own worst enemy but a decent bloke when you talked to him face to face and actually we've things to thank him for as fans. Hope he's OK.

There's several notable occasions where innocent fans were banned and Fletcher wouldn't even consider reviewing what had happened because he had 100% blind faith in his Stewards. Usually the ShowSec ones.
I agree, which is why I said he was his own worst enemy. The incident with the arrest of the kid who got the match ball after the QPR alone should have led to his sacking in my opinion. It was shocking behaviour and terrible PR.

Personally I'd like to see the back of that ludicrous cordon around the away fans so I can go back to my car the same way I came in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.