Peter Fletcher Announces Retirement

Re: Peter fletcher

Interesting. Must admit I've been attending matches regularly since about 1987 and never once had any problems with Stewards in all that time. When I last had a season ticket in the South Stand I used to chat regularly with our 'local' steward who was a great lad (an MCFC Steward I might add) not the clowns from the bully boy club.

Never had any dealings with Fletcher so can't comment. I only can go off what I've read on here.

Prestwich_Blue said:
peoffrey said:
There's several notable occasions where innocent fans were banned and Fletcher wouldn't even consider reviewing what had happened because he had 100% blind faith in his Stewards. Usually the ShowSec ones.

I agree, which is why I said he was his own worst enemy. The incident with the arrest of the kid who got the match ball after the QPR alone should have led to his sacking in my opinion. It was shocking behaviour and terrible PR.

Personally I'd like to see the back of that ludicrous cordon around the away fans so I can go back to my car the same way I came in.

The Orange coated Club Stewards are usually very good. The Woman on my Turnstile and the Guy on our Block are always saying hello and looking productive. I can honestly say they're some of the best Stewards I've ever encountered and that is down to nothing but good training and Management. You see them laughing and joking with fans too. I've no problem with that but when there's just one issue to deal with then it's not treated with the respect it deserves. Fletcher is blatantly an ex-Copper and an old school one at that.

I saw the QPR match ball situation being discussed on numerous other forums and reported in the Tabloids. It was a complete embarrassment.

I've had 2 separate dealings with Mr Fletcher, one where I had to write to him over a minor transgression that I held my hands up to without fuss. He credited me on my honesty and the issue was resolved without further ado.
The second where I had cause to meet him on an informal basis, two things came across, that he is a blue through and through, and that he despises the rags.

I'll bet his replacement will be far worse.

hope its got nowt to do with me posting his mobile number and email address on here.

His stance on everyone is guilty regardless was ridiculous, my mate got thrown out for smoking, he doesn't smoke, and because he wouldn't admit to it he missed a third of the season including the derby

peoffrey said:
City fans have also been abused by ShowSec Stewards at Old Trafford.

From memory, the Gentleman in the video was accused of standing up but refused to sit until the people rows in front of him were made to sit first. The Stewards decided to manhandle him and all hell broke loose. The weasel faced Steward who climbed over seats to grab him was deeply unprofessional in his conduct too.

Fletcher upheld the three match ban.
No, he was standing when there was no-one stood in front of him. However, rather than ignore the fuckers like most do, he made the mistake of arguing the point very respectfully. Didn't swear at them, didn't disrespect them in anyway. He's a very nice man who sometimes posts on here (username: Ladybarn Blue .). Check his posts, he's extremely good-natured, both on here and in the flesh. He had sat down by the time Showsec called the plod in even though the people on his left and right were still stood up. They removed him to make a point that they could, pure and simple. More shocking was the disgraceful and opportunist way they did it in manhandling him and doing so during the Balotelli goal celebrations thinking there'd be no reaction. Heavy-handed idiocy.

good, a **** who has bullied city fans since his appointment.

Good riddance.

Never had any problems myself but my son was banned when someone used his ticket. The price of not using vivargo......

My son could prove he wasn't at the game but got a 3 game ban. Fletcher took that long replying to letters etc. That 3 games had passed while he pissed about.

Worked with Peter on the stadium. He was a really decent bloke. Took a lot of stress last few years. Wish him all the best. The pricks on here who have a go at him have no idea. We have a lot of knobhead fans who used to abuse him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.