Peter Green

Saw them at the Free Trade Hall. Maddy’s a really good dancer. Still, to this day, listen to Please To See The King with great pleasure (Oops, we’re getting off thread here...).
So much good music around then. And then, when you’d had enough of that, Bell, Lee, Buzzer, Nelly. Riches beyond compare.

Last edited:
Saw Fairport with Sandy. Beautiful.

Me, too, at Leicester Uni, back in the day. Still can’t listen to “Meet on the Ledge” without a big lump forming in my throat. The song always makes me think, for some reason, of Martin Lamble, the drummer who was killed when the band’s van crashed on the M1, several months after the release of the album “What We Did On Our Holidays”. If any of you music-loving Bluemooners out there haven’t heard it, give it a listen: it’s a beautiful song and Sandy Denny’s voice is simply sublime.

Cracking album, that. I would’ve fallen into the trap, and said John McVie. And I played that record to dust. In those years, I saw just about everyone I wanted to see, with the exception of Hendrix (a lifelong regret), and these. Oh, and I suppose, the Fairport Convention line-up with Sandy Denny.

Everyone I knew who had seen them play told me that the difference between them on vinyl and them live was simply astonishing. Do people on here confirm that?

A good, underrated album: Then Play On. I bought that at a record shop right at the top of the parade that leads up to Piccadilly station, in fact. Anybody remember that shop?
3 Bands I really wish Id seen;
Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac
Caravan
Gentle Giant

Ive seen most other bands I liked in the late 60's/70's

3 Bands I really wish Id seen;
Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac
Caravan
Gentle Giant

Ive seen most other bands I liked in the late 60's/70's

I'd go along with that (saw Caravan; they weren't all that, honestly, but it was in the worst possible circumstances, a rock festival somewhere in Essex — it was no Woodstock, believe me).
Now you've got me thinking about it, though, I'd deeply have liked to have had the opportunity to see the King Crimson of the Fripp, Belew, Levin, Bruford line-up, i.e. round about the time of Discipline. Now that would have been something.

I'd go along with that (saw Caravan; they weren't all that, honestly, but it was in the worst possible circumstances, a rock festival somewhere in Essex — it was no Woodstock, believe me).
Now you've got me thinking about it, though, I'd deeply have liked to have had the opportunity to see the King Crimson of the Fripp, Belew, Levin, Bruford line-up, i.e. round about the time of Discipline. Now that would have been something.
Yes good shout but the earlier line up for me .....love to see them play Starless for half an hour :)

Agree about Caravan (one of the worst gigs ever). Gentle Giant were amazing live. And i mean amazing. King Crimson with Belew etc is my big miss. That 80s incarnation out talked the heads in their delivery.
Back on topic... i met Peter Green once, he was awkward socially but boy could he play guitar.

Agree about Caravan (one of the worst gigs ever). Gentle Giant were amazing live. And i mean amazing. King Crimson with Belew etc is my big miss. That 80s incarnation out talked the heads in their delivery.
Back on topic... i met Peter Green once, he was awkward socially but boy could he play guitar.
Apparently GG used to swap instruments on stage
Very intricate music

Im jealous you saw them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.