Peter Kay

I was very late to the Peter Kay party, and I’ve seen most of his stuff through YouTube.

For someone who grew up in the north when I did (60s-80s), he is, perhaps, the funniest observational comedian OF THAT ERA I have ever seen. Pitch perfect for the millions of working class people who know, and experienced, almost every detail of that period.

When you see his audiences, you see who he is playing to, and he does it perfectly.
Agreed. If you're not northern, working class, I can see why a lot of it would go over your head. There are so many little things. Although he also relies on a lot of nostalgia, so you have to be a certain age too. But he's got a ridiculous amount of detail and brilliant delivery too.

Perhaps the main issue with Peter Kay is that he didn't really develop his stand up act too much, so if you've seen the two first ones he released, you've seen them all.

A favourite collage of mine down at the Phoenix singles club. Ten minutes of unadulterated wit as the Bolton maestro works hard to get his end away. At the 9.34 mark .."Wont be long now, just you wait, things I'm going to do to you!" While slowly going upstairs on his chairlift.

Flower for the lady? Fuck off!

Last edited:
A favourite collage of mine down at the Phoenix singles club. Ten minutes of unadulterated wit as the Bolton maestro works hard to get his end away. At the 9.34 mark .."Wont be long now, just you wait, things I'm going to do to you!" While slowly going upstairs on his chairlift.

Flower for the lady? Fuck off!

My favourite bit from that episode is when she has something to tell him.
You're not really a man are you... Like hayley

Last edited:
A favourite collage of mine down at the Phoenix singles club. Ten minutes of unadulterated wit as the Bolton maestro works hard to get his end away. At the 9.34 mark .."Wont be

My favourite but from that episode is when she has something to tell him.
You're not really a man are you... Like hayley
Later in the same episode...

I bet you shit yourself didnt you?

Oh thank you, mouth.

Agreed. If you're not northern, working class, I can see why a lot of it would go over your head. There are so many little things. Although he also relies on a lot of nostalgia, so you have to be a certain age too. But he's got a ridiculous amount of detail and brilliant delivery too.

Perhaps the main issue with Peter Kay is that he didn't really develop his stand up act too much, so if you've seen the two first ones he released, you've seen them all.
Agreed. His stand up was good. His writing and tv shows have been beyond great at times, sublime.

Those visuals are so good too. So many… driving past a pub called The Duchy which is on the right hand side of the road…. Flyer poster on the wall in the background in the Club … “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Peking Duck” … the list goes on and on …

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.