Peter Reid

Was
In fairness...with us, it wasn't too different.
We had Quinn up top by then....and stumbled upon an unknown striker called Kevin Phillips....the big man, little man approach worked a treat. In the championship, we did play with wingers...Alan Johnston, and Nicky Summerbee (swapped for Craig Russell)... it was entertaining stuff in truth

I might have got my seasons mixed up, but was Phillips' first goal for Sunderland against City?
I seem to remember a Friday night game, with Tony Vaughan sent off.
That was the night when a Taxi driver took us to a pub that he'd recommended called the Greyhound, but we walked through the wrong door and ended up in the Sunderland Deaf and Dumb Club (even the barman was deaf)
Now, that was a bizarre hour.

liked reid when he first took over, but then a lot of what he carried on doing was a continuation of Kendalls work, the later seasons when he had his own ideas in place and had started building his own side we were dire at times, his flogging of hendry, treatment of Clive Allen and Michael Hughes were maybe a case of naivity as a first time manager, but appointing sam ellis and some of the tactics meant some games left me feeling frustrated.

The way he was sacked was disgraceful though and he deserved a lot better treatment, but we were a team on the decline.

Always liked the man though as a player and a pundit and still regard him with fondness.

Was

I might have got my seasons mixed up, but was Phillips' first goal for Sunderland against City?
That was the night when a Taxi driver took us to a pub that he'd recommended called the Greyhound, but we walked through the wrong door and ended up in the Sunderland Deaf and Dumb Club (even the barman was deaf)

Made me laugh that!

Was

Yes...Phillips first goal was against you...the first ever competitive match at the stadium of light...we nicked a 3-1 win...Kinkladze got your goal (I think)

Me and my pal met him in a hotel bar in gelsenkirchen when we were in Germany for the WC
When he learned we were City fans he spoke to us for a good couple of hours!! He told us he loved our club and it's tremendous (his words) supporters and he really enjoyed his time there both as a player and then manager.
A more decent and down to earth guy you couldn't wish to meet!!

16807258_1683142991984765_3880260936045059139_n.jpg

Red ribbons on the cup!!
So, is it £20 quid or £22 quid? And poor Peter Reid, once guests have met and greeted him, they get to eat him! Maybe that’s where the price discrepancy comes in. You have to shell out the extra two nicker to have a nibble on those ears. And there’s a distinctly ambiguous bit of marketing going on here: “European Cup Winner”. He does possess a winner’s medal from a cup played in Europe (ECWC v Vienna) but Mr. Clough might’ve taken him to task with this rather liberal interpretation of being a “European Cup Winner".

liked reid when he first took over, but then a lot of what he carried on doing was a continuation of Kendalls work, the later seasons when he had his own ideas in place and had started building his own side we were dire at times, his flogging of hendry, treatment of Clive Allen and Michael Hughes were maybe a case of naivity as a first time manager, but appointing sam ellis and some of the tactics meant some games left me feeling frustrated.

The way he was sacked was disgraceful though and he deserved a lot better treatment, but we were a team on the decline.

Always liked the man though as a player and a pundit and still regard him with fondness.

Reid's reliance on Sam Ellis doomed him to failure. Ellis was a long ball merchant and an all round twat I had the misfortune to meet a few times.

I remember when he signed Alphonse groendijik and Reidy said 'he could open a can of peas with his left foot.' Still one of the most bizarre football quotes I've ever heard!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.