Peterborough (A) | Post Match Thread

2-0 against a Championship club in its cup final playing a flat back 10 on an absolute cabbage patch of a pitch.

Easy. Some on here expect an 11/10 performance every game which is ridiculous.
We have a match against a Championship club in its Cup final playing a flat back 10 this coming Sunday.
At least it will take place on a well groomed pitch. C'mon City.

No one's saying that.. but you need to provide SOME context..
-Terrible pitch
-A team with NOTHING to lose
-11 players behind the ball

etc etc..
If we were doing our stuff well and making the right decisions and hadn’t scored yet, I’d have no problem and put it down to those things but too many were playing poorly (Foden didn’t struggle on that pitch) and it’s a continuation of what we saw for 60 mins against Everton, parts of the Spurs game etc.

I am concerned, I know we’ll come out of this form, we always do, my problem is that it’s a crucial time in the season and we need to get it back before some huge games.

same old shit , like 95% of the teams we play , ten behind the ball , its getting f*kcing boring now , when is a team going to show some balls and take us on , from Spuds to Peterboro they all play the same way . The Rags will do the same on Sunday , quite looking forward to the Dipper game just for the fact they have to come to the Etihad and try and beat us which will play into our hands.
We were poor again in the first half very little creativity and our final ball was woeful , improved slightly in the second half mainly due to Phil who created the goals , we had a depleted team but some of the players who came in did nothing to make Pep consider them for the big games.
Job done , Dippers in the next round please so we can nip this quadruple talk in th ebud.

Apologies if already discussed (I haven't seen any post match stuff) but, has Pep given an explanation for the centre back subs? I'm assuming tactical but I'm hoping there isn't any injury worries. Ta.

Another top class display, absolutely brilliant to watch.

It amazes me how commentators, pundits and,sadly, some of our own fans expect us to just turn up and roll teams over. If we’re not 2 goals up by HT it’s apparently not good enough. We dissect teams and that takes time. We pull and push and poke and probe looking for weaknesses all the while wearing the opponents down. The further it goes the more likely we are to grab a goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.