Peterloo Massacre 200th anniversary 16th August

Bump

Sorry this should have been done it in the week

The Peterloo memorial is on today 1pm-3pm Albert Square, if anyon is in town and has spare time to go down I am heading in now to pay my repsects.

Meant to post this on Thursday - the anniversary of the single most important event in Manchester's history bar none - but knew the memorial rally is on Sunday so left it until now.

The rally is meeting at noon outside GMEX - obviously City kick off a short while later, so maybe not too many of you will be there!

However, the Peterloo Massacre deserves a thread and is worthy of being remembered. In 7 years time it will be the 200th anniversary...

That wasn't just Manchesters history. It was all our history. I remember doing that in history at school and the significance of it and what it led to was a game changer for all of us who weren't born into wealth and power.

Absolutely right it is celebrated.

That wasn't just Manchesters history. It was all our history. I remember doing that in history at school and the significance of it and what it led to was a game changer for all of us who weren't born into wealth and power.

Absolutely right it is celebrated.
Manchester made it all of our history. I went to school well outside of the north west and no one was taught a thing about it.
Should be taught in all primary schools throughout Lancashire and Cheshire over the next 2 years.
I believe there is a film in production too???

Manchester made it all of our history. I went to school well outside of the north west and no one was taught a thing about it.
Should be taught in all primary schools throughout Lancashire and Cheshire over the next 2 years.

Yeah Mike Leigh is making it, a message from him was read out by maxine peak today, Chistopher Ecclestone and John Henshaw also did readings.

Last edited:

What I meant is it was in Manchester, but it was a pivotal moment for all across the country to say we ain't taking your shit anymore without a fight.

We forget too easily the sacrifices made to get us to a place where we could vote and make going to work safer.

Too many things we take for granted were won with blood. We should never forget that.

Left to the class who ran the country we would still have fuck all representation.

There's an old Glasgow saying.

Just because you have an new arse, don't forget your old one.

What I meant is it was in Manchester, but it was a pivotal moment for all across the country to say we ain't taking your shit anymore without a fight.

We forget too easily the sacrifices made to get us to a place where we could vote and make going to work safer.

Too many things we take for granted were won with blood. We should never forget that.

Left to the class who ran the country we would still have fuck all representation.

There's an old Glasgow saying.

Just because you have an new arse, don't forget your old one.

Bang on the money,top comments mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.