Peterloo Massacre 200th anniversary 16th August

Re: The Peterloo Memorial Rally on Sunday

TheMightyQuinn said:
Ducado said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
If we did the same today, the number of those dead or wounded would be a lot more.

What with horses and swords?

Why would there be horses and/or swords involved if the same thing happened today?

Well you said if the same thing happened today, and that's what happened

"There's always someone, somewhere, with a big nose, who knows. And who trips you up and laughs when you fall"

Ducado said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Ducado said:
What with horses and swords?

Why would there be horses and/or swords involved if the same thing happened today?

Well you said if the same thing happened today, and that's what happened

"There's always someone, somewhere, with a big nose, who knows. And who trips you up and laughs when you fall"

Wow. Just...wow.

To take something so literally and then try to score points...wow.

If you think what happened was 'horses and swords', it really just shows you up for what you are mate.

Oh, and The Smiths quote was about plagiarism so you fucked that up too.

Balti said:
I was in Peterlee during the week and they need a massacre there too

Ah Peters & Lee...

"Welcome... Weeelllllcooomme
Welcome Home
Come on in...
and close the door..."

They don't write 'em like that anymore!

(probably because no-one will buy 'em anymore)

SaintGeorge67 said:
I quite like the Piccadilly idea actually.

I'm told Manchester had applied to host some major UNICEF event at Manchester Central in 2019 (I forget the specifics) which would also be a nice touch.

I think the renaming of Piccadilly station with Peterloo Station would be a fantastic idea. M.C.C. need to do something significant and long-lasting to mark the most important event in Manchester and one of the most important in the country's history.

Mike N said:
SaintGeorge67 said:

I'm told Manchester had applied to host some major UNICEF event at Manchester Central in 2019 (I forget the specifics) which would also be a nice touch.

I think the renaming of Piccadilly station with Peterloo Station would be a fantastic idea. M.C.C. need to do something significant and long-lasting to mark the most important event in Manchester and one of the most important in the country's history.
It was not the most important event in the history of Manchester

Ducado said:
Mike N said:
SaintGeorge67 said:

Go on...

Mike N said:
Ducado said:
Mike N said:

Go on...

He's got a real hard on for this one.

He hates anything that involves freedom.

That's why he think's it's cool to laugh at dead Mancunians but there's other events in history he's full of crocodile tears about and will ban you for mentioning.

Rascal said:
Ducado said:
I agree that it should be taught in Schools, not so sure they should rename Piccadilly station Peterloo Station though

That would be fantastic.

Manchesters political history is something all mancunians should be very proud of.

I read "The Manchester Man" a few years back and although it's a novel it depicts the era back then and covers the Peterloo Massacre - it's a good insight into conditions of the time and the changing events - not an easy read as its written in a very northern 18th century dialect. -

Ducado said:
Mike N said:
SaintGeorge67 said:

May I ask what was then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.