'Petition' for a Bert Trautmann stand.

Lets see I hope so, something I just read which I never knew about.

atkj1f.jpg

Caveman said:
Posted this already, but this may be a factor against a statue:
Muslim scholars have unanimously agreed on the prohibition of making statues with the purpose of worshipping or revering them. If this is the case, the sin of making statues involves the sculptor, the buyer, the worshipper and deifiers.

I know this will come as a shock to some but not every Muslim is a die hard follow every rule to the T kind of person. There are muslims who don't fast during ramadan, just like some cathlics eat meat on fridays. Some drink alchohol and fornicate with whores etc... And I'm sure some call themselves muslims in public but in private couldn't care just like every other religion.

Hi guys i started a petition to get a stand named after Bert Trautmann or a statue of the great man. The club have been informed of what im doing and will be getting back to me when they have considered options on how to honour Mr Trautmann. It would be great if you guys could sign and pass it on to show the club how strongly we all feel about it.<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/standfortrautmann/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/standfortrautmann/</a>

panzer1311 said:
Last year i posted on BM , the idea of recognising one of our legends ( Bert ) by naming a stand after him while he was still alive .
anyway some of the replies ranged from laughable to disgraceful ( "fuck him he was a nazi anyway " ) so how frustrating would it be that now he's passed away MCFC might consider naming a stand after him ? ....Then think what a special day it would have been to have done it with Bert on the pitch for the unveiling .....

too little . too late . :(

I know what you mean, I started a group on Facebook over two and a half years ago to get a stand named after Bert Trautmann whilest he was still alive as i thought how great would that be for him but unfortunatly it didnt take off. Since his sad passing I have got the group going again along with a petition has has been sent to the club and is being considered.

m7mcfc said:
Lets see I hope so, something I just read which I never knew about.

atkj1f.jpg

Most players were dropped like that back then, much simpler times. It was an honour to play for a major team, and if you played enough you got a testimonial to tide you over as recompense for having to start a new career in management or pub-landlording.

Everyone has to have their hand held from cradle to grave nowadays, it seems.

Mr. Aguia said:
Caveman said:
Muslim scholars have unanimously agreed on the prohibition of making statues with the purpose of worshipping or revering them. If this is the case, the sin of making statues involves the sculptor, the buyer, the worshipper and deifiers.

I know this will come as a shock to some but not every Muslim is a die hard follow every rule to the T kind of person. There are muslims who don't fast during ramadan, just like some cathlics eat meat on fridays. Some drink alchohol and fornicate with whores etc... And I'm sure some call themselves muslims in public but in private couldn't care just like every other religion.
That is true but I believe the UAE is pretty hardcore in its beliefs with a fair amount of Sharia Law implemented

I love Bert...but I think it's safe to say that noone will be kneeling down in front of his statue

Mr. Aguia said:
Caveman said:

That's why I said "...this may be a factor against...", as in it also may not. It may be that Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon think that since we're in England, which is a secular Christian country, they may just go with the idea.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:05 am --<br /><br />
IanBishopsHaircut said:

I love Bert...but I think it's safe to say that noone will be kneeling down in front of his statue
revering present participle of re·vere
Verb
Feel deep respect or admiration for (something).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.