PETITION RE NEWBIE WUMs

masterwig said:
People just have to take rumours with a pinch of salt and the mods have to delete shit and ban morons.

But they appear overrun right now. Having an automatic system that allows you to start a thread after 50 posts will take quite a bit of pressure off of them plus help police the system a little bit by weeding out needless posts and wind up merchants etc.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
We'll have to agree to differ...I can see folks with the minority view being downrated by the majority. Folks like ZZ & Ajay would cop alot of stick and they do nothing wrong other than post their opinions.

Fair enough. I still think there has to be a more elegant solution to this than stopping people from creating threads until 50 posts. If larger and more contreversial forums can get away with not doing this, we can too.

What about the ability for users to ignore the posts of other users? Then you can pick and choose who you want to see?

drinking-smiley-22.gif

Sounds great! Yes.

Damocles said:
What about the ability for users to ignore the posts of other users? Then you can pick and choose who you want to see?

We've already got that but we have to keep up to date with idiots coming on board. How many newbies have we had today to keep listing. The onus should not be on the existing member to deal with this situation...the onus should be on the new member to respect the board and if they can't respect having to wait a short while before starting a thread then you have to question if they truly are here for the right reasons.

Could there be a filter added in anyway so that any thread titles that say "Done Deal" "The Truth" "ITK" "Goal.Com" "Tribal.Com" etc are not allowed through. Only Mods can start "Done deal" threads

liberal bans for idiots, preferably i.p. bans.

no webmail addresses accepted for registration.

an official thread for each linked player, with other threads on the same player being deleted as a matter of course.

these kind of rules are the norm on many diverse, useful, open, democratic boards on a wide range of subject.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.