PETITION RE NEWBIE WUMs

BLUEMOONBAZ said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
Bredbury Blue said:
It's a yes from me. But maybe we could limit it to the transfer site only??

I initially thought that but that would mean morons coming on here and off topic and posting crap. Mind you, we could try with just the transfer site to see what happens.
Yes i agree just the transfer site to see what happens

Sorry but what difference is that going to make to a rag?

Oh dear there's no transfer forum! I'll just have to go back to red tissue...

I don't think so.

They can still post, so still got freedom of speech and all that but they just have to earn their right, through participation, not through money or through some farcical, masonic rating system!

Come on. You know it makes sense!

Either that or get some more mods on board!

Posting does not equal participation. Ask Dave Bentley over in the transfer forum.

A rating system is simple, and will encourage user moderation without restricting the rights of first time posters. This creates a democracy amongst the BM posters, and YOU get the choice of who can/can't create new threads.

It seems to work quite well for Reddit/Digg/Slashdot and other sites that have about a billion users.

"Noobies" should be only allowed to post replies 5-10 times a day, and not allowed to make threads until 50 posts! After 50 posts (5-10 days), they can post all they want.

Damocles said:
Posting does not equal participation. Ask Dave Bentley over in the transfer forum.

A rating system is simple, and will encourage user moderation without restricting the rights of first time posters.
Dave Bentley is taking the piss and needs to be banned.

A rating system will discourage differing opinions wont it?

Damocles said:

A rating system is simple, and will encourage user moderation without restricting the rights of first time posters.

What happens if someone doesn't like you though ? I know I'd spend a few minutes every time I logged on clicking the thumbs down on quite a few of the fuckers on here.

Damocles said:

But a rating system will use opinions and surely this will mean that this isn't an open forum anymore. A couple of years ago I posted that Shinawatra wasn't actually putting any money into the club and that the players were being bought by instalments...I got a lot of abuse and much negative attention but I was proven right in the end. If a rating system was in place I would have been booted off of this forum quicker than you can say abracadabra.

I don't see why any geniune fan wouldn't be happy to wait until they have spend a couple of days on here or less (or longer) accumulating 50 posts, getting to know how things work, building up a rapport etc before they can start a thread. On the other forum I mentioned in my original post, I didn't care that I had to wait a bit...I just through myself into the forum...posted when I felt like it and when the 50 was up I wandered into the other section.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Dave Bentley is taking the piss and needs to be banned.

That's what this
icon_post_report.gif
is for. if you don't report the rag ****, how will the mods know to ban him ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.