PETITION RE NEWBIE WUMs

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Damocles said:
Posting does not equal participation. Ask Dave Bentley over in the transfer forum.

A rating system is simple, and will encourage user moderation without restricting the rights of first time posters.
Dave Bentley is taking the piss and needs to be banned.

A rating system will discourage differing opinions wont it?

Not really. Disagreeing with somebody's opinion and calling them a spammer are completely different things. I think most of the posters here recognise that.

stony said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

That's what this
icon_post_report.gif
is for. if you don't report the rag ****, how will the mods know to ban him ?
its been reported before me but hes still going lol

Damocles said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Damocles said:
Posting does not equal participation. Ask Dave Bentley over in the transfer forum.

A rating system is simple, and will encourage user moderation without restricting the rights of first time posters.

A rating system will discourage differing opinions wont it?

Not really. Disagreeing with somebody's opinion and calling them a spammer are completely different things. I think most of the posters here recognise that.
its not that i dont like it but lets be honest do you think Ajay, BillyShears and Zin would be able to post threads now?

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
Damocles said:

But a rating system will use opinions and surely this will mean that this isn't an open forum anymore. A couple of years ago I posted that Shinawatra wasn't actually putting any money into the club and that the players were being bought by instalments...I got a lot of abuse and much negative attention but I was proven right in the end. If a rating system was in place I would have been booted off of this forum quicker than you can say abracadabra.

I don't see why any geniune fan wouldn't be happy to wait until they have spend a couple of days on here or less (or longer) accumulating 50 posts, getting to know how things work, building up a rapport etc before they can start a thread. On the other forum I mentioned in my original post, I didn't care that I had to wait a bit...I just through myself into the forum...posted when I felt like it and when the 50 was up I wandered into the other section.

It would mean the exact opposite, the forum would become much more democratic. As I have said, the system would not be used for opinions on your view, but on post content/spammer likelihood.

I edited my post before but I guess nobody saw it. Reddit, Slashdot, Digg and many other sites have systems like these to great success. I personally believe that the majority of users aren't c**ts here, and won't rate you down because of a differing opinion.

Damocles said:
I personally believe that the majority of users aren't c**ts here, and won't rate you down because of a differing opinion.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Damocles said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
Damocles said:

But a rating system will use opinions and surely this will mean that this isn't an open forum anymore. A couple of years ago I posted that Shinawatra wasn't actually putting any money into the club and that the players were being bought by instalments...I got a lot of abuse and much negative attention but I was proven right in the end. If a rating system was in place I would have been booted off of this forum quicker than you can say abracadabra.

I don't see why any geniune fan wouldn't be happy to wait until they have spend a couple of days on here or less (or longer) accumulating 50 posts, getting to know how things work, building up a rapport etc before they can start a thread. On the other forum I mentioned in my original post, I didn't care that I had to wait a bit...I just through myself into the forum...posted when I felt like it and when the 50 was up I wandered into the other section.

It would mean the exact opposite, the forum would become much more democratic. As I have said, the system would not be used for opinions on your view, but on post content/spammer likelihood.

I edited my post before but I guess nobody saw it. Reddit, Slashdot, Digg and many other sites have systems like these to great success. I personally believe that the majority of users aren't c**ts here, and won't rate you down because of a differing opinion.

We'll have to agree to differ...I can see folks with the minority view being downrated by the majority. Folks like ZZ & Ajay would cop alot of stick and they do nothing wrong other than post their opinions.

People just have to take rumours with a pinch of salt and the mods have to delete shit and ban morons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.