PETITION RE NEWBIE WUMs

Great idea. I'd go as high as 100 posts to get onto the Transfer Forum.

PSmyth07 said:
What about genuine blues?

This idea will put potential users off from using the website which will totally defy the main objective of the website.
genuine blues will contribute to the forum then be able to post threads when the number of posts required is reached, i cant see the problem to be honest.

Blue Coop said:
RAGS have nothing better to do so this would just mean 50 post of crap in the other part of the forum just so then can post there sorry WUM story here.

Yes but most geniune bluemooners would spot them within 10 posts and they would be dispatched...so hopefully we wouldn't have many, if any, new threads started by them.

leewill31 said:
GStar said:
Suspending registration during transfer windows as we did last summer would also work a treat.

this, but also agree with what URG said.

NO! I personally hate this idea. The whole point of a forum is open availability; stopping registrations because we do not have enough moderators is a cop out.

What really needs to happen is that Ric and the mod team need to get together and start thinking about appointing new mods. It also doesn't help that they have a hesitation to use the mod tools because they slow the forum/knock it offline. I'm working on it though and think I may have the answer, maybe that will get the mods moving a bit.

Maybe new members should have to have a formal interview before being allowed to join. (Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just trying to think of ways of stopping WUMs getting on here).

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
Falastur said:
Perhaps we could make a distinction, to stop quiet posters such as myself from never getting in? 50 (or maybe a bit less?) to post here, but 100 to start a thread? Or that kind of thing.

I support this idea, but it'll take me months to get to 100 posts, especially as half of what I post here is in this thread, trying to balance the posts with a bit of home-brew realism. I don't care about not being able to make entire threads (which is where 90% of the rumours are posted) but it would be nice to actually be able to comment when I have established myself.

My proposal won't stop anybody posting on any existing threads but they would have to accumulate 50 posts before starting a thread.

My mistake then. I must've got the wrong impression after scanning the other posts.

Maybe make only registered people allowed to post after receiving an activation email. Activation emails go out after a weeks delay?

That would put off the vast majority of the wum wankers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.