Petrov - Someone please explain why he didnt play.

BurnCK said:
MonacoCityFan said:
Obviosly you didn`t watch last games with him , he is tracking back like a madman he is everywhere and he is our biggest creative force ever !
you should watch the games more carefully with open minded understanding

There's a difference between tracking back to be stood in the way, and actually putting your foot in. If you're honestly suggesting that Petrov has been making proper tackles and not pulling out of 50-50's then I would suggest that it's YOU that need to watch games more carefully.
Yeah he can create, I never disputed that, but that's not all that was needed last night. How can you create if you don't have the ball. Last night was the type of game where we needed to win the ball first. Petrov is more suited to games where we have alot of possession, time and space.

We'll just have to put this down to a difference of opinion, but last nights game wasn't made for him in mine...

Petrov can`t tackle that`s true , but he is for other work on the pitch to create . when he creates a danger in front of there goal this worth 10 times more than a tackle , There are other guys who can tackle in our team. Mancini put a team agaisnt the rags in who all can tackle and what hapenet ? we got crushed .... tackling is not the big key of winning games, tackling is just a part (remember Hughes who prefered players who can tackle trackback and workrate ? what we won with him

Petrov is suited of all types of games , possesion games , counter attacks and so on

walnut said:
Petrov against Everton, he was crap.....
Bottles it against strong oposition, bet he plays and scores on Sunday.

Di well enough at the swamp when we did them 2 nil on their special day

I think Petrov might have had a run out in extra time

bluemoonno1 said:
can someone please explain why petrov didnt play,
swp has just come back from injury and is not playing well.
cant get my head round it,

work rate
physicality of the game
he's to soft
he would get bullied
he gives up

does that answer your question?

Freestyler said:
bluemoonno1 said:

work rate
physicality of the game
he's to soft
he would get bullied
he gives up

does that answer your question?

Hughes thinks the same way like you

bluemoonno1 said:
because he is lazy and never tracks back

i still believe Petrov should have played; yesterday was the first time i questioned team selection and tactics in the 2nd half. Not so sure why we switched the formation in the 2nd half and allowed the rags to control much of the ball.

OK, you obviously disagree but I just don't see what Petrov has to his game that Bellamy and Shaun don't, except maybe a better cross ?

All 3 have Pace...I wouldn't say that Petrov is that much faster than the other 2, if at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.