Petrov to be used as bait for Lescott

To let Petrov go to Everton would be Fookin Mental! He is a quality player and no way do we want to help a side we need to finish above this season. I think it is all Bollocks, but If Hughes does allow this to happen I would have to question his Judgement and Wisdom..

I would let this deal happen, but obviously I would drop the price down to about 10-12m

johnmc said:
No matter what we paid in cash Everton were always getting the better deal. Now if we throw in Petrov as well we're really getting the short straw.

The season before last Petrov was our best player. He made and scored goals and gave us real pace. He was the only player we have had for a long while who could skin a defender get to the byline and pick out a man with a cross. I think if he goes to Everton, him and Jo would cause problems.

I agree, Petrov has the ability to rip any defence apart when he is in the mood for it. I see no sense at all in giving one of our genuines rivals a much stronger attacking option than they currently have.

Dont do it Hughes, tell Gollam to f*ck off. He is givin it the big un right now and is loving using you as his whippin boy.

£22 mill is more than enough for Lescott. If he aint coming, look abroad.............and fast.

I'm a big fan of Petrov, but....if he really isn't happy being back up to Robbie and is determined to leave, well he's getting on a bit now and considering his recent injury history I don't think he's got a great deal left in the tank. If we were to get in a quality, younger, better more versatile player who can play on the elft then I'd be all for it

Can't help but think that hughes would replace him with Bentley though and stick SWP on the left when Robbie's injured

The Fat el Hombre said:
I'm a big fan of Petrov, but....if he really isn't happy being back up to Robbie and is determined to leave, well he's getting on a bit now and considering his recent injury history I don't think he's got a great deal left in the tank. If we were to get in a quality, younger, better more versatile player who can play on the elft then I'd be all for it

Can't help but think that hughes would replace him with Bentley though and stick SWP on the left when Robbie's injured

Personally i feel Petrov has a lot to offer us still.

But that whole debate has now been over-shadowed by a deep feeling of sickness and depression at the thought of one D-fuckin-Bentley coming anywhere near COMS.

Please God, i promise to eat all my greens for ever and ever!

Could anyone honestly imagine Petrov fitting in to the Everton 'style' of play?! He's nowhere near physical enough to fit in there. I imagine Moyes would hate his lack of back tracking too. Never going to happen.

If Petrov goes he'll end up at Spurs with twitcher. They need a decent Left Winger, and there's been links for a while.

I'd like Petrov to stay but what worried me about his comments was that he seemed to have no desire to stay at the club and fight for his place. There were no comments like 'I've proven what I can do in pre-season and when I get the chance I intend on making a spot in the first team my own' instead it was talk of leaving and not feeling part of the plans. Maybe if he hadn't got himself injured at the airport messing around, last season he would have been part of the plans.

He clearly doesn't want to stay, and if he goes I'm sure Hughes will bring in someone just as good, if not better. Hopefully less injury prone as well.

Well if Petrov does leave which I think he will, then i hope him all the best. He has been a great signing for us and worth the money. Thanks Petrov.

Rammy Blue said:
the problem that unloading Petrov causes is lack of replacement in squad, having already flogged Elano we will be 2 attacking mid / wingers short in the squad.

can only assume we would look to bring someone in before window ends otherwise injuries again could cause us issues.

We should be playing 4-3-3 so will not be needing wingers and Petrov's only position is as a winger. So good business if he can be used to release Lescott.

ColinBall said:
There is no way we should sell Petrov to Everton, or any other Prem team. If we do we are strengthening our rivals.

We should make it clear he is welcome to go to an Italian or German League team for the best deal he can get, for a couple of million.

If he wants to go to Everton or Spurs the fee is £10 million.

Buying Lescott isnt a problem now he has put in a transfer request.

I dont see Petrov strengthening any good team for more than 15 minutes a game and if the right back has pace he shows no interest whatsoever after his first run. For me after he left Ade defending/holding up the ball in a corner after being put through in one of the games in SA I would have been planning to get rid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.