Petrov to be used as bait for Lescott

Brennan picked this story up from somewhere else and I think it's a piece of lazy journalism TBH.
We all know he isn't as vital to our team as he was so he's stating the obvious , he says he is going to see the manager and I'm sure he will be told he's a vital cog.
To put him in a story as maybe a part exchange counter balance is nothing short of ludicrous!
unless he's been tipped off from inside the club then I cant see how this deal would/could happen

keemanan said:
Brennan picked this story up from somewhere else and I think it's a piece of lazy journalism TBH.
We all know he isn't as vital to our team as he was so he's stating the obvious , he says he is going to see the manager and I'm sure he will be told he's a vital cog.
To put him in a story as maybe a part exchange counter balance is nothing short of ludicrous!
unless he's been tipped off from inside the club then I cant see how this deal would/could happen

Agreed, it's just journalists putting two stories together to create a third one.

And I also think that Petrov has been a bit misinterpreted, I think he is sceptical about his part in the squad, but he seems to be ready to give it a go. He'll either maintain/improve the form we saw in the preseason and we go to a 4-4-2 with him left midfield or we sell him in january.

Personally I dont want him to leave, hes been our best player in pre season and is our best offensive option on the subs bench. If he left we would have to replace him as he is a very important member of the squad.

It would be a bad move to let him go to another side in the premier league, but especially Everton.

They already have Jo on Loan for a season for free, with £18 million (Probably) and Petrov that would be a very bad deal for us so I would say no way and sure most city fans would agree.

Hopefully our club will agree and walk from the Lescott deal rather than go for this. I would rather have Hangerland, Upson or even Distain for a season than loose Petrov to a main rival and get ripped off that badly.

Just to balance it, he has been with us for 2 seasons and missed over half of that with injuries. He had a couple of really bad ones and over 30 now. Still dont want him to leave though.

The speed of the game means that soft tissue injuries to mention just one type of injury have become commonplace and any team who can field the same starting eleven for more than two games on the spin notwithstanding suspensions and form is doing well.

We need depth and flexibility and real competition for every place if we are to stake a claim for success trophy wise and playing regularly in Europe.

Petrov like all our current squad has a role to play in that regard and he should be smart enough to know that but if he wants to play in another league or play for another premiership side then so be it I doubt we shall stand in his way when another club comes a knocking.

I hope not because I really don't want to sell Petrov. One of our best players pre-season by far. However he clearly wants out. I'd still not rather give him to a rival though. And we need some decent wing cover if he leaves, if he leaves with no replacement I'll rage.

sam221985 said:
I hope not because I really don't want to sell Petrov. One of our best players pre-season by far. However he clearly wants out. I'd still not rather give him to a rival though. And we need some decent wing cover if he leaves, if he leaves with no replacement I'll rage.

Other than Elano IMO and I believe he wanted to leave City we haven't let anybody go IMO that could contribute meaningfully to a push up the table from last season.

I think Petrov just thinks he may not have as big a role in the club this season should he stay fit as he thought he would have last season if fit.

He has missed a lot of games and could easily miss a number more this season through injury.

He probably feels a bit vunerable given who we have bought in but if he is a true professional he will roll up his sleeves and when he gets his opportunities which he will he has to amke sure he makes it harder for Hughes to leave him off the team sheet for the next game simple as.

Anyone on this thread who thinks this is a good idea is a fucking idiot!

If giving that twat Moyes a player of the quality of Martin Petrov, is the price we have to pay for a defender not much better than what we already have at the club, then I'm sorry Joleon, you can stay put son!

Fucking hell, you don't strengthen your rivals!

And I see that its Stuart Brennan that's written this piece of supposition! He doesn't help himself that boy, does he!

Bollox, Everton will finish higher than us next season if this happens. MH is not that stupid, this is Lescott we are after, not Messi.

I think Petrov might be a spent force, as mentioned earlier his effectiveness is in his speed and I reckon he's lost half a yard.

You been holidaying on the Moon pre-season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.