Petrov to leave?

Rigsby must stay!!!
Well at least for a year and pay us back for the 12 months he spent on his backside in the treatment room at our expense!!!!

Well that's gratitude for you!!! What did he expect us to do, just sit around and wait for his return from injury? No; we quite rightly went out and bought a replacement whilst we nursed him back to full fitness, so I think the least he can do is stick around for another 12 months and show some gratitude and attempt to win his place back!!

I for one don't think it'll be that hard for him to do so judging by the erratic nature of Robinho's play at times. On a wet and windy Tuesday night at Hull, I'm sure Robi would gladly sacrifice his place in the team to Rigsby; he'd probably pay him to take his place!!!

If we sell him its got to be abroad if we sell him to a premier club he could come back and haunt us

Well said, Dribble.
It's a bit rich for a guy who spent last year getting paid for polishing the treatment table to start bitching now that he's actually got to fight for his place on the team.

MARTIN Petrov will tell City he wants to leave once he returns from international duty with Bulgaria.

The winger told the Bulgarian media that he does not figure in the Blues' plans after their summer spending spree and that he wants the club's permission to speak to other clubs, with Everton and Spurs reported to be interested in his services.

After training with Bulgaria ahead of the friendly with Lithuania in Sofia, Petrov said: "I don't see City depending too much on me this year, at least from what I have seen from the pre-season friendlies so far. No footballer is content with polishing the bench and I am no exception.

"I am not in the plans of the City officials or manager Mark Hughes.

"In the next week I will try to speak with Hughes and if I get the green light for a transfer I will start searching for a new team."

If he wants to go its a real shame but he cant go to another club in the prem especially Spurs or Everton. He will have to go back to spain or Italy even if it means we get less money.

I did say a while back players like Elano and Petrov would not be happy on the bench.

If he goes we will definately have to get a replacement in.

alera said:
MARTIN Petrov will tell City he wants to leave once he returns from international duty with Bulgaria.

The winger told the Bulgarian media that he does not figure in the Blues' plans after their summer spending spree and that he wants the club's permission to speak to other clubs, with Everton and Spurs reported to be interested in his services.

After training with Bulgaria ahead of the friendly with Lithuania in Sofia, Petrov said: "I don't see City depending too much on me this year, at least from what I have seen from the pre-season friendlies so far. No footballer is content with polishing the bench and I am no exception.

"I am not in the plans of the City officials or manager Mark Hughes.

"In the next week I will try to speak with Hughes and if I get the green light for a transfer I will start searching for a new team."

If he wants to go its a real shame but he cant go to another club in the prem especially Spurs or Everton. He will have to go back to spain or Italy even if it means we get less money.

I did say a while back players like Elano and Petrov would not be happy on the bench.

If he goes we will definately have to get a replacement in

best case scenario = Robben

more likely scenario = Bentley (plays left and right doesn't he? and played well under Hughes before and available)

If Petrov goes then we are much weaker in terms of depth, yes we have removed some not all of the deadwood but we have no cover especially in midfield .... Ireland, DeJong, Barry, Johnson, SWP, Weiss ....thats it, 2 midfielders in the middle and 1 left sided needed if Petrov goes..... a box to box midfielder and an understudy to Superman and the one for the left side ..... cant see Robinho tracking back much and helping out Bridge...

Bonol said:
Listen, get rid of the shit before offloading quality internationals. Stall him until the January window. I think he would earn his place by performances given a chance. If he went to Everton, Villa or Spurs we may regret it big time.

i dont think so we know just get someone to stand a yrds off him and he will never get the ball he,s a shithouse my gran can tackle better than him . He wont try and control a ball if anyone is near him and bridge will be glad to see the back of him cos thats all he see,s of him now !!!!!!

PETROV LOOKS AWAY FROM CITY

Martin Petrov has told the Bulgarian media he wants to quit Manchester City this summer in order to secure first-team football.

Petrov is on international duty with Bulgaria ahead of Wednesday's friendly with Latvia, and spoke to reporters at the national team's training camp.

"I don't see City depending too much on me this year, at least from what I have seen from the pre-season friendlies so far," Petrov said in Dnevnik.

"No footballer is content with polishing the bench and I am no exception."

The left winger now plans to have talks with boss Mark Hughes on his return from international duty.

Petrov starred for City under Sven-Goran Eriksson after joining from Atletico Madrid in 2007, but a serious knee injury suffered on international duty at the start of last season left him with little opportunity to impress Hughes, who used Robinho in midfield last season and has since added Gareth Barry.

The 30-year-old went on to claim several clubs have expressed an interest in his signature.

"There were several inquiries but no offers as of yet," he said.

Re: PETROV LOOKS AWAY FROM CITY

hmmmmm sell him to a different league, we have robi barry and ireland who can play there if they have to, we dont want him playing for spuds though do we!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.