PGMOL Apologise to Everton. It WAS a Penalty!

I have no problem with Everton asking for an apology. We probably would have asked City to do the same if it was the other way around.
Nor do I have a problem the FA handing an apology to them. I’m sure the FA would not have done that if it was the other way around.

I still hope Pep tells Rodri that without doing the extra step ( in this situation he could have easily stopped the ball with his foot) this is kind of situation you get. And that he was lucky to escape us conceding a penalty. He got away with it.

Surely an apology puts them on shaky ground, legally.

If they're saying it was an error, they need to qualify that with saying what they thought had happened, and sharing the evidence that led them to believe that, and saying what they now believe to be the case and the evidence for that.

If they're failing to explain where and how an error was made, are they just accepting an accusation of corruption?

So if we were to win the league by 3 points or less would other clubs fans insist there’s an asterisk next to the title? ;-)

I don’t have any axe to grind with Everton. The gushing media coverage of their neighbours irritates most football fans so god knows how they put up with it.
But all this complaining is cringeworthy. Every team gets a bad decision (which Saturdays was) but to go running to the authorities is a little sad. However it got so bad for us in the 90s we never resorted to this.
What on Earth must the likes of Peter Read and Joe Royles Dogs of war etc think at this conduct.
Perhaps if their current team show a bit of backbone Everton might not resort to such antics.

It is olivar , expect rag pens anyway
I genuinely don't remember the last time M. Oliver officiated a Man City game and didn't blatantly ripped us off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.