Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Bill, 21 Jul 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir baconface

sir baconface

Well said.

2. garyCTID

garyCTID

Thank god for that! Someone talking sense about Foden. A gust of wind or a strong fart could blow him over. Loads on here pushing to get him in the first team. Now is way too soon. His time will come. Let him mature. Just because he’s English shouldn’t mean he should be being picked. Zinchenko is ahead of him in strength and maturity.

3. Ricster

Ricster

Just got to be patient with these kids. What the club and Pep is doing is exactly what i thought and said on here at the back end of last year.
    It wont be next year til these guys see some serious minutes and they have gained valuable experience this season.
    When you look at a 17 year old Phil Foden what do you see? A young local kid, City fan, lots of potential and a lot of support from the fans.
    But realistically is he any better than the players already ahead of him? Silva, KDB, Ilkay, Dinho, and even out wide with Silva, Sterling and Sane.
    We also have people comparing the Pep approach with his time with Barca and City. It's almost impossible to compare, as has already been pointed out, having a B team playing in the Segunda is far more beneficial than having an U23 team playing in a handful of games of a 3rd and 4th tier cup competition.
    Also, Pep brought through Busquets in his first season and Jeffren in gis 3rd season with Barca, so for all those exoecting these kids to get an easy ride, then think again.
    I'm more than happy to see these kids earn their opportunities and as i have already said it'll be the end of the year before that starts to happen.

Great job on the youth, keep it up

4. SWP's back

SWP's back

Was going to disagree with you when I started reading that but your argument turned me around. Good post.

5. SWP's back

SWP's back

Hahaha. Jog on.

6. asaluttar

asaluttar

That's more like it.

7. malg

malg

What is?

8. domalino

domalino

9. asaluttar

asaluttar

Foden (and Diaz) coming on
    Ideally should have come in earlier and more often but fingers crossed next season will happen.,

10. OrigamiNinja

OrigamiNinja

Delighted for him. Should have gotten on a lot earlier but got there in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.