Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah might have been half time actually. Mostly Lee Dixon as obviously he's a City fan but from what I remember it was unanimous praise (Not that I'd guess any of the others have much of a clue beyond the U17 WC games) - Either way, it was surprising.

I agree with much of what you say. But you forget that Yaya isn't a first team starter these days and cant change games like he did a season or two back. All I am suggesting is that Foden should take his place on the bench and get some game time as a sub. I never mentioned an automatic start or a place going to Russia.
No,that was me saying give Foden starts or at the very least game time off the bench,with an eye on Russia.
In the cold light of day,i probably have to admit i was wrong ,certainly about starting thd lad in the prem.
I have read what other posters have said about a player who i have only seen pre season,and it would appear i went a step too far,esp with the first team doing so well.
However...i am very concerned about the so called pathway to the first team for a player as ridiculously talented as Foden,and by all accounts Diaz..if i was in their shoes,and i knew how good i was,and could see no evidence of any other player from the youth tesm in the recent history of City being given a real chance in the 1st team....id do a Soncho ,even of i was City daft.
My rants about Foden were not anti Pep,and certainly not meant to be anti City or anti either of the two Silvas; how could u be critical of either of those players....i just think City,if they are brave enough , could have the next english superstar (s) on their hands, and i am unsure if this is going to happen or if we will lose them like the lad soncho,who by all accounts was a real real talent.
So.apologies if ive annoyed any other posters with outlandish views...we will see shortly what Pep and City are to do about the issue.
At the end of the day i just want talented young players from the academy to feel they have a chance at City,and to date,their has been liitle evidence of the same.
I will be as happy as anyone if all the big money signings from far afield help us to the treble and smash every record post and pre premier league...but it would be fantastic if a balance is achieved, at the same time,with helping the City academy produce players for OUR team,not others....if they are good enough, obviously.

Your entire argument died from your first and second sentence. If you think the youth players have the same fitness levels as the first team then your just oblivious.

I'm all for Foden to be integrated into the squad, but to suggest he should replace "The Magician" right now and that he is better than him... I am at a loss of words. I can only think your a new City fan and haven't seen David's influence on this club, in which case, please look at highlights of him over the past many years, you'll enjoy his greatness.
Only just noticed your much earlier post.think ive answered it above....
New City fan i am not Wally.

Perfect sinario for me would be play him in the next 2 champs lg games and the league cup, put him on the bench for the should be easier home games the loan him to a prem league club for the rest of the season. Baring injuries he’s not realistically going to get much game time this season

Perfect sinario for me would be play him in the next 2 champs lg games and the league cup, put him on the bench for the should be easier home games the loan him to a prem league club for the rest of the season. Baring injuries he’s not realistically going to get much game time this season

to me thats ridiculous. we will only play one of the best young players in the world right now if there is injuries. we should just give him a chance and enough game time to develop. off the bench/ cup games.... hes to good to just ignore and say he'll only play if we have injuries.

I find it hard to believe anybody still thinks Yaya is worth a place on the bench ahead of this lad?

You know they are totally different players don't you?
YaYa and possibly Danilo are currently the only players suited or educated in the deep laying midfield role.

Sadly Foden is battling with Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan and Bernardo. The later need games first.

Pep will use Foden. City fans need to calm down a little, 17 is ridiculously young for Prem player especially one who's not physically dominant.

YaYa and possibly Danilo are currently the only players suited or educated in the deep laying midfield role.

Sadly Foden is battling with Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan and Bernardo. The later need games first.

Pep will use Foden. City fans need to calm down a little, 17 is ridiculously young for Prem player especially one who's not physically dominant.
I thought Gundogan was bought with the intention of playing him in the pivot role? I think Dinho surprised Pep with his quality to do that and the injury layoff are the reasons we haven't seen it much, he will end up playing there more when Dinho starts tiring IMO. I agree people need to stop worrying Foden is a City fan, has a good head on his shoulders, he's not going to listen to the know it all press trying to unsettle him and get him to leave "before City ruin him". He knows he's young and understands he will have to be patient but the rewards are there for that long term because the club do believe in him.

Yes i do but Yaya offers very little these days in case you hadnt noticed! ? If you are good enough you are old enough. Foden is good enough. And 17 isnt ridiculously young. If he doesn't get a chance in the next 18mths he will be off like Sancho. Would rather he put faith in Foden than spent 40 odd million on Bernardo Silva who looks ok but not a world beater to me.

to me thats ridiculous. we will only play one of the best young players in the world right now if there is injuries. we should just give him a chance and enough game time to develop. off the bench/ cup games.... hes to good to just ignore and say he'll only play if we have injuries.
That's me told. Sorry for being so ridiculous!!!! Just being realistic. He's not better than silva,silva, gundagon or KDB yet, but he's too good not to be playing at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.