Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It mostly the first 15 where he lost the ball and was muscled out, which i put down to nerves and trying too hard. Once he settled and focused, he was great. Once he's fully confident and comfortable, he'll already be ahead of Gundogan for me.

What was really impressive yesterday was his work rate - No wonder he had cramp. He has reached the stage where I think he will be on the bench most of the year for the PL and play nearly all of the domestic cup games. Great to have such a good English prospect, and I for one can think of no-one better than Pep to ensure he reaches his full potential.

He’s definitely grown in height too, he looked slightly taller than Bernardo (173cm) in the line up at the start

He must start against Arsenal to keep the momentum going. He's amazing. His touch, vision, the way he carries the ball. He'll get an England call-up this September.

He must start against Arsenal to keep the momentum going. He's amazing. His touch, vision, the way he carries the ball. He'll get an England call-up this September.
If that isnt a piss take you need to calm down a tad - its very early days for Phil.

Ideal being fifth choice lol. He won’t even make the bench most of the games then. And if we sign one more DM (Weigl/Veratti) he’ll be even further down as Fernandinho will be prioritized in front of him. And I’d be absolutely shocked if he gets more minutes than Sessegnon.

I explained why it's ideal in this case.
I'm not sure why people would expect him to make the bench all/most of the time. It's something you do not see at clubs whose aim is to win the league & champions league.

If he can start in all of the games in both domestic cup competitions, make a few starts in the PL, another start in the CL and make the bench 1/3 of the season that would be a very successful season for him.

If that isnt a piss take you need to calm down a tad - its very early days for Phil.

It's probably true though, if he started against Arsenal and 1 of the other 3 league fixtures before the international call up, he'd probably get called up at least to train and be part of the squad.

I explained why it's ideal in this case.
I'm not sure why people would expect him to make the bench all/most of the time. It's something you do not see at clubs whose aim is to win the league & champions league.

If he can play in all of the games in both domestic cup competitions, make a few starts in the PL, another start in the CL and make the bench 1/3 of the season that would be a very successful season for him.

It's not ideal he's 5th placed, having to get past 4 full internationals to get on the pitch. I don't know why people try to argue such obviously stupid positions on here sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.