Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant again from foden. Solanke is a strange player, he looks bang average but scores for fun for the under 21s.

Foden off in the 60th minute.

Very impressive display (two assists in my book). Hope he gets minutes this weekend.

Now that Foden is off the pitch the team is really struggling to maintain possession. That’s not just down to Phil’s ball retention, but also the fact that they were double and triple marking him when he was on.

He would get MOTM if it weren't for the 2 goals from each forward. He was unstoppable, England looked noticeably worse when he was taken off.

I thought Foden had a good game and it would have been better if his team mates had trusted him in tight positions as City players do. However what stood out for me, as when he plays for City,is that physically he is not quite there and he got brushed off the ball a few times. For me we are doing this right slowly introducing him to top level football and ignoring the clamour to play him in big games or loan him out. I know it's been said before but learning from David and Bernardo has to be the right place for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.