Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only saw 20 minutes of the second half but he looked very comfortable when he had the ball. 100% pass accuracy while I was watching. The under 21 teammates seemed to have less trust in him than our first team as he was bypassed a number of times when in good positions. Maybe they are not used to seeing players find the half spaces so consistently.

Perfect summary of the player Foden is: his first pass of the match was sloppy, giving Denmark the ball so they could run at our defenders. Instead of hanging his head, Phil immediately ran half the length of the pitch, won the ball back from the player he gave it away to, sprinted down the left wing, and put in a brilliant cross to Solanke to put him 1v1 with the keeper (unfortunately, Solanke took a bad touch which allowed the Danish keeper to gather the ball).

His attitude is perfect and he is the very embodiment of a player with the footballing world at his feet.

Does boothroyd know any other words than sideways? Thats all I can hear him shouting. Foden looking very comfortable yet again, wingers are trying too hard though.

Foden with a great assist!

And Foden just unlocked the Danish defence with a very nice assist to Nelson.

England 1 - 0 Denmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.