Phil Foden to leave England camp

Phil is lucky he's a valuable well paid footballer and not a guy doing a normal job.

A few years back I was working on a Townsend Thoresen ferry out of Felixstowe. In those days we had a crew bar and were allowed a drink. The day crew would all finish around midnight and everywhere close with just a skeleton night crew on duty. Of course for the passengers there was little to do but sleep. A few of the lads would go around asking any single women if they wanted to come to a party in the crew bar. Most did so. Needless to say things got a little wild on occasion.

In those days I lived with my parents and had a few days leave. On getting up my mum handed me the Sunday paper and said, " Have you seen this?? I'm sure it's the ship you're working on." There on the front page in huge headlines was "Townsend Thoresen crew shame!" or similar with "Sex and drugs parties onboard." Some female undercover reporter had done a right job on the lads. She'd been invited to the party, took pictures, named names the lot. The end result was about 10 lads got the sack. They couldn't prove drugs were taken and drinking was allowed but they were sacked for having passengers in crew quarters. Harsh but we knew the rules. The same thing happened a lot on cruise ships. These were all young lads and expressed regret but it made no difference sacked they were.

As I said Phil is lucky he's a valuable asset. He'll get his knuckles rapped, maybe a fine and have to eat humble pie for a bit but he won't lose his well paid career.

It’s a classic Sun/DM/Scum press sting. Unfortunately they’ve both fallen for it as they’re young and believe they’re invincible. I say both as I don’t want anyone to have their career destroyed, rag or not, by our grotesque media. It will have been forgotten about in two days unless there is no more negative news to report. Phil has done his bit. Just needs to keep his head down Now and start the season on fire.

She wasn't the girl on the phone ,she is saying she did not leak it ,i assume it was the one on the phone ,difficult to tell these days ,they were invited round, the boys have another brain other than the penis brain,let's not say the girls are to blame here

Neither are they innocent. Again I have to point out that whether she was the girl on the phone or not, she was not exactly discreet because somebody knew she & another, we’re making arrangements to see 2 footballers & go to their hotel.

Too obvious not to be a set up.

Let’s see how much more is leaked to the media.

This get's me ie, it seem ok for Rugby players too act like twats "well Rugby boys well be Rugby boy !
Yet Football players are meant to be saint.
Also Phil hasn't got any responsibility to me as a fan , the only thing I want from him, is for him to play his heart out on the pitch in a blue shirt .
Also I couldn't care less how much he gets paid, if he's well paid the club must think he deserves it !
Everybody has to follow the same rules, no matter what sport they play.

Foden might not have any responsibility to you, but he has one to his teammates, both club and national, his managers, ditto, his family and - most importantly, IMHO - his club; the one that you, I and most of the other contributors to this thread support.

You're talking bollocks, mate.

Yep, Phil was asking what was going on mostly: "She wants to know what the plan is"... Then she suggested they could go to the hotel but doesn't know how they'd sneak them in. Then Phil questioned why they'd want to come to the hotel. To which Greenwood said "What do you think?" and she said "Yeah bro" what do you think?

There's good chance the deed was done and if that's the case it's none of my business, I just don't think it's a forgone conclusion. She says it wasn't a setup but if it was, there's a good chance not much happened in the hotel room if you think about it. Even if it wasn't a set up, Phil might have decided against it in the end, they both could have. Phil might have smoothed over this change of plan, by reminding them of the following verse:
"We don't have to take our clothes off
To have a good time
Oh no
We could dance and party all night
And drink some cherry wine, oh"

As I said earlier though, I doubt his missus will be buying that, even if he kept it in his pants.
Nah nah Na nah nanna Nahhh nah nah.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.