Phil - Scapegoats and witch hunts

He kept offering himself for the pass but I don't recollect Rice or Bellingham giving him the ball. It's all very bizarre
Difficult for Rice to pass to Foden as he was 40+ yds away from him most game sat between our centre halves!!
Difficult for bellend to pass to him as he barely got on the ball himself and spent 90 minutes ambling round aimlessly.
Said countless times last night that the instructions are to stay in shape at all costs - to the extent it looked like most stayed in a 10yd square box

Phil went straight from the Treble to a Far East tour. Then Super Cup, Community Shield, PL, Club World Cup, FA Cup, CL. Wins the league, then it's the Euros. Two young kids and a pregnant Mrs to think about too. Yeah we know how much they get paid, and it's honour to play for your country but players aren't robots - I think some of them are knackered and it shows. Only natural with the fixture congestion. Then they get thrown together with lads they mostly play with sporadically, with a different manager, in different positions, and the meedja expects them to play like they do for City or Arse. What's hilarious is pundits from previous, worse incarnations saying 'they don't know why England are playing like this'. England have pretty much always 'played like this' with a few notable exceptions. Much worse actually. Except now players like Foden are playing more games at a higher intensity than ever. Always nice to see England do well but I keep my expectations low. Just because we have the best league in the world doesn't mean we're going to be the best at tournament football. In fact the two things can and do collide.

Difficult for Rice to pass to Foden as he was 40+ yds away from him most game sat between our centre halves!!
Difficult for bellend to pass to him as he barely got on the ball himself and spent 90 minutes ambling round aimlessly.
Said countless times last night that the instructions are to stay in shape at all costs - to the extent it looked like most stayed in a 10yd square box
These players are supposed to be top class players and they can't knock a 40 yard ball.

Not one fan I spoke to yesterday had anything bad to say about Phil.
The pub was rammed with supporters from all over England and they all new he was out of position.
They mirrored virtually everything said on here
about him and it's amazed me the support we have reference the 115 of some of the brighter non red tops
That's good to know.

Phil was the player most likely to score yet the guy still gets criticism and focused on from fans and pundits (bizarre)

Plus the questions of "How do you get the best out of Foden?" Or the "Can Foden and Bellingham play together?" The answer is if Spain can play with Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, Fàbregas, Villa and Busquets all play together in the midfield (all make it work) surly we can fit both Foden and Bellingham in this midfield.

It's not rocket science

Play Bellingham next to Rice and put Phil in the middle (easy)

Well fot a side who was supposed to stay in shape we looked so disjointed...opoosite of shape. Clinging on again as we always look more fked then the rest. Scrutinise these players in prem and realise that a lot of these are carried by better foreign players tbh. Trossard making Rice look half decent etc

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.