Phil - Scapegoats and witch hunts

Most football fans are thick as shite and will repeat what they hear. Message immediately after the whistle yesterday off a red ,”fodens been shite again”. No poiint explaining the whys and the wherefores , they just hear it and repeat it without thinking of reasons
Made the mistake of watching this in a pub full of once-a-year football fans who have been brainwashed by the media. Some of them wanted Foden subbed after 20 minutes. Total sheep.

Last edited:
Made the mistake of watching this on a pub full of once-a-year football fans who have been brainwashed by the media. Some of them wanted Foden subbed after 20 minutes. Total sheep.
Which is why i cant watch England in pubs. All the ‘try too hard’ england fans in their retro tops getting lairy because thats what ‘footy lads’ do. Makes me cringe.

I think he looks fked as well. Incredibly long season for him. Players are not machines...international players should be banned from domestic cups...will make them far more interesting and save some careers. A player can't play well for 60 plus games - unless your Rodri
He does. Point is hes literally no worse than anyone else. Whilst ‘jude’ is being lorded as the next puskas , but actually being 5/10, fodwn is being made the scapegoat.
Arnold is also being made a scapegoat whilst also being played out of position, ironically, played out of position and pushing foden out of position too to accomodate.

Southgate hasnt a fucking clue

I thought Phil was brilliant last night on and off the ball. The negative press had clearly got to him and he played with a point to prove, but it actually probably led him to making the wrong decision when he burst down the middle and chose to shoot rather than pass to Kane - he deserved to take the shot on because it was a class break from him, but it opened up to slide Kane in. In those moments the week of criticism comes to the fore and you make the wrong decision. But he kept getting on the ball, looking to make things happen and was unlucky not to score.

The ironic thing is, Southgate doesn't want Bellingham deep and Foden as a 10. Yet that's basically what they're playing anyway due to our lack of possession and TAA being a passenger. Swap TAA for someone wide left and things will lift off.

I don't really see Bellingham as a defensive player or see the point of playing two holding players at all except in very rare circumstances when a team needs a draw and is facing much better opponents. The England team has to attack with the sort of players we have up front.
I fully agree. Unfortunately the manager doesn't

Lampard/Gerrard revisited with a clueless Manager once more trying to shoehorn Foden, Bellingham and Saka into the same team.

Same with taking an injury prone Luke Shaw and then wondering why he's injured. Have we not learnt anything from.taking injured players to previous tournaments going back as far as Keegan and Brooking at Spain 82?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.