Phil - Scapegoats and witch hunts

the problem as i see it, is stop playing bellingham where he "wants" to play and play him where he should, no 8
that allows phil into the no 10 role
hes obviously wasted out on the left however hard he tries
gallagher was a disaster last night out of his depth for me
saka or palmer take your pick i guess

It's been instructive to see the difference between Phil and those around him relative to him playing at City.

They take an extra touch or two which means they don't release the ball when needed.

They sometimes don't see the movement/pass at all.

Perhaps most interestingly, they sometimes see him show for the ball but think it's too high risk even though he's clearly comfortable demanding it. They don't have the 'courage' as Pep would say.

In fairness they perhaps realise that as a team they don't have the movement and teamwork to support him subsequently.

Phil seems to be channelling his frustration in the right way now but I don't think that'll stop Southgate chucking him under the bus.

So far all this has done has made me appreciate even more what we've had these last few years.

You obviously have a different opinion of Phil than Pep has.
Nothing wrong with that. The games about opinions. I have had different opinions to all our managers ive seen ("Skip" aside) I think Foden is fantastic for us that's all i care about ..int'l football is sub standard. Second rate managers mostly. And world class used to be reserved for Puskus. Eusabio. Cruyff and Pele.. now people think every club has one or two World class players. That's about 800 playeing in European football alone. Its nonesense..Phil is great, keep him as a top city player, no need for hyperbole Pep.
You obviously have a different opinion of Phil than Pep has.

the problem as i see it, is stop playing bellingham where he "wants" to play and play him where he should, no 8
that allows phil into the no 10 role
hes obviously wasted out on the left however hard he tries
gallagher was a disaster last night out of his depth for me
saka or palmer take your pick i guess
Palmer looked full of confidence. Had a trick in him..That Bellingham is a problem for me..believes his own hype it appears..

I only watched the highlights & Phil was involved n all the good play then I listened to the pundits & it was all about Mainoo & Palmer.
Mainoo and Palmer did really well in their 20 min cameos. Palmer is growing in confidence and all our amazing technical coaching we provided since age of 8 is paying off. Clever player is Palmer. Still wish he was with us. Just all bad timing

Last edited:
I thought the commentary was very positive about Phil last night.
The lack of buoyancy about the team is depressing though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.