Phil - Scapegoats and witch hunts

It's been instructive to see the difference between Phil and those around him relative to him playing at City.

They take an extra touch or two which means they don't release the ball when needed.

They sometimes don't see the movement/pass at all.

Perhaps most interestingly, they sometimes see him show for the ball but think it's too high risk even though he's clearly comfortable demanding it. They don't have the 'courage' as Pep would say.

In fairness they perhaps realise that as a team they don't have the movement and teamwork to support him subsequently.

Phil seems to be channelling his frustration in the right way now but I don't think that'll stop Southgate chucking him under the bus.

So far all this has done has made me appreciate even more what we've had these last few years.

I remember watching Argentina not giving Messi the ball whilst heavily marked yet at Barca would.

Have to say credit to the an England fans for all the support they are giving to Phil, both in Germany and at home. Came out of the Roses T20 match last week and there was a big bunch of young lads singing Phil Foden’s on fire . I could hear the chant ringing out at the stadium last night.

Phil, playing out of position, has been average so the level of support is encouraging and surprising. The anti City journos and social media types will always write shit about us and our players anyway.

Last edited:
All this talk of talented' has to be properly scrutinised i think. A lot of our players (Rice, Saka, Walker Phil, Pickford, Alexander Arnold etc.. are not world class) just decent players, to win something with decent or above average you need to work really hard, we didn't. Coupled with Bellingham thinking he can play 6 and 10 in the same game (he did niether) believes his own hype that lad. Didn't see him much at Dortmund but since the hype I've seen him play well for about 30 minutes and act a cnt for about 1000 (thinking v City etc as well as for England at times) The players need to look more interested - they aren't world class as the 'meeja' tries to portray so show some spirit. Portugal have genuinely good players and fight like dogs..us on the other hand look lazy! Hope we get knocked out early give our lads a bit of a rest
Phil is not world class ? Hahahaha

Bellingham is a seriously overhyped egotistical whinging ****. Him and Foden want to take up the same positions and clearly cant play together, and based on the three games so far Foden is clearly the more influential player on the pitch. (But the media love Bellingcunt)

Three changes and England will be fine:
1. Pick a left winger, drop Bellingcunt
2. Play Mainoo instead of Gallagher
3. Drop Kane for someone who will stay in position up front.

Surely anyone can see this is media picked shite. Taa? Mainoo, bellendingham.. none of them deserve to be in the team. Yet the media have (and still are) telling us they are the best.

Anyone seen "the Mainoo flick" being heralded on the BBC (probably with the help of Simon stone). Or talksport on how Bellingham being best in the world midfielder this morning.

It's pathetic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.