Pictures of your Dog

Tried to upload an old photo but couldn't...imagine a Spaniel with long legs, long fur and a boy band hair do, that's Henry.....

Anyway, had to say goodbye to Henry last thursday and all extremely sudden....7.00 fed and out with the others along the river, no problems just his normal self, came back and I went off to work. 9.00 Wife phoned me to ask me to keep an eye on Henry as he wasn't acting himself. 10.30 came back and couldn't open the door so pushed and there was Henry slumped by the door, I grabbed a blanket to take him to the car and vets and whilst I was rolling him on to it he took his last breath...all very sudden. Vets reckoned internal bleeding or a stroke as his gums and tongue were white. He was 11, a spaniel / Spanish hunting dog cross and a bit of a twat !!!. We'd had him since he was about 4 weeks old when we lived in Spain, covered in ticks and was given to us by a Spanish farmer up the track who was going to shoot him, we already had 3 so I reckoned we could find room for another !!. He's now in a little wooden box with his name on a plaque next to Charlie.

Tried to upload an old photo but couldn't...imagine a Spaniel with long legs, long fur and a boy band hair do, that's Henry.....

Anyway, had to say goodbye to Henry last thursday and all extremely sudden....7.00 fed and out with the others along the river, no problems just his normal self, came back and I went off to work. 9.00 Wife phoned me to ask me to keep an eye on Henry as he wasn't acting himself. 10.30 came back and couldn't open the door so pushed and there was Henry slumped by the door, I grabbed a blanket to take him to the car and vets and whilst I was rolling him on to it he took his last breath...all very sudden. Vets reckoned internal bleeding or a stroke as his gums and tongue were white. He was 11, a spaniel / Spanish hunting dog cross and a bit of a twat !!!. We'd had him since he was about 4 weeks old when we lived in Spain, covered in ticks and was given to us by a Spanish farmer up the track who was going to shoot him, we already had 3 so I reckoned we could find room for another !!. He's now in a little wooden box with his name on a plaque next to Charlie.
Condolences from here, it's terrible when you lose one.

So sorry to hear. It's the hardest part of having them in our families.

Where did you get them from mate, I’m looking to get a rescue we already have a 2 year old spaniel and I want another and would love to give a home to a rescue

Try:

We have had Springers for over 30 years. Some from pups and also rescues, they are so rewarding.

Where did you get them from mate, I’m looking to get a rescue we already have a 2 year old spaniel and I want another and would love to give a home to a rescue
They both came from different places. The blue roan is an ex breeder, and the black one is from a family who couldn't look after him properly, through a Spaniel rescue charity.

I have contacts with various charities, but if you're prepared to travel to South Wales there is a fantastic charity there who generally have quite a few. You can search by breed on the website.

Many Tears

We’ve tried spaniel aid without success @MCFCTrick, @MouldensChippy i know which one you mean pal I’ve been looking at those they get them from puppy farms :( we go on holiday in October so might look in November when we come back I’d love to help out

Oh my poor Henry and we all know your pain it’s horrible to say goodbye but take heart that you had unconditional love for all those years, Henry can say hello to my three reprobates over the bridge. Chin up blue.

Gutted for you mate, it's sad when a pet dies.

Another addition to the household, Meet Bruiser, an 8yr.old Boston terrier cross staff. Another rescue, gets on great with Buddy and Oak,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.