Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

That would be it if the player was not making a bit of noise for the move. @Ric says player wants the move let's see how badly he wants to join Pep. Also, could be posturing by Dortmund to show fans they are doing everything they can to hold on to key pieces.

That would be it if the player was not making a bit of noise for the move. @Ric says player wants the move let's see how badly he wants to join Pep. Also, could be posturing by Dortmund to show fans they are doing everything they can to hold on to key pieces.

That's the way I see it. Dortmund don't want to lose face as they are already under pressure having sold key players. If Aubameyang wants the move I suspect he may have to hand in a transfer request, City are staying quiet as there is no need for us to inflame the situation.

From the players point of view, he's just had a great season and now his club have lost important players again. At this rate it is unlikely Dortmund will give Bayern much of a fight for the title next year, so if other clubs are showing an interest I'm not sure there is much incentive for Aubameyang to stay. Hopefully from our point of view he is excited at the prospect of working with Pep... seeing Gundogan make the same move might help too.

I think there is enough in this for us to still be hopeful... It could take a while for the soap opera to be acted out in public though.

Depends on how much of his transfer budget Pep thinks he's worth, they are probably trying to jack the price up artificially by claiming they have no desire to sell at any price. I hope we walk for once if they start playing silly beggars, sick of clubs making mugs of us... how good did it feel to get a fair price on Gundogan? I want more of that personally.
I really think they truly would rather not sell. They've lost 2 cogs this summer already. Sure they will for a ridiculous price. But it shouldn't be hard for anyone to see how they'd rather not sell.

And no, this is not like DeBryune. Wolfsburg hadn't just lost 2 of its other top 5 players to other teams.

Hope we get him, but expect this to be ultra expensive.

Auba is more experienced and a better player, turning 27 this month whereas Sane turned 20 earlier this year and is only beginning his career. Both play wide forward roles with Auba more striker focused and Sane is more a wide player at this time. Their roles generally overlap from my limited knowledge on both.

Auba is going to cost a good amount to get from Dortmund, im thinking £50m+ whereas Sane could possibly be got for around £35-40m based on his lower release clause (£29m) which activates next season (if Schalke value the extra money now over keeping him another season).

One last thing to note is Auba will play for Gabon in the African Cup Of Nations. Gabon generally qualify so we will be missing him for a few months every two years, possibly at the same time we lose Nacho.

Personally I would prefer Sane for the value for money but trust Pep to get whats best. Whos to say we dont sign both.

Personally wouldn't be that gutted if we didn't get him. Another top class CM+ Sane, and i'd be pretty happy with our attack and midfield. However, if Guardiola really wants him then it's for a good reason. Maybe he needs him for a 3-5-2 formation? In which case i hope we get him.

I really think they truly would rather not sell. They've lost 2 cogs this summer already. Sure they will for a ridiculous price. But it shouldn't be hard for anyone to see how they'd rather not sell.

And no, this is not like DeBryune. Wolfsburg hadn't just lost 2 of its other top 5 players to other teams.

Hope we get him, but expect this to be ultra expensive.
Agree. I have seen talk of £50m in the papers and on here. That's not going to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.