Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

I think you're missing the fact that we still have a budget. Money isn't no object to us.
We do but it will be more of a concern about salary than about transfer fees, I suspect that is where we will manage more tightly so if he doesn't want ridiculous wages it will be ok budget wise

I am not convinced that he is worth 65million.
To be honest with the new prem money 65m today is about 40m last season - just the reality of things.

We should be getting business done quickly , don't want to be leaving deals till after Brexit an put vote and short term run on the pound could make deals 10% + more expensive for non uk players . Though I suppose it could work both ways and we could hedge

If Watford are turning down £20M for Troy Deeney and Lyon are turning down deals left and right for Lacazette, it's no shock that Auba is £65M.

To be honest with the new prem money 65m today is about 40m last season - just the reality of things.

We should be getting business done quickly , don't want to be leaving deals till after Brexit an put vote and short term run on the pound could make deals 10% + more expensive for non uk players . Though I suppose it could work both ways and we could hedge
Depends. A likely on vote will see the pound strengthen over night.

I also suspect not all of our cash in the sterling.

For a start we get paid our CL money in Euros so I'd imagine we keep a euro cash balance to hedge with transfer funds.

Depends. A likely on vote will see the pound strengthen over night.

I also suspect not all of our cash in the sterling.

For a start we get paid our CL money in Euros so I'd imagine we keep a euro cash balance to hedge with transfer funds.
Good point on Euro's reserve I would wager we have a lot either on forward rates as we are actually probably paying lots of euro instalments- I suspect we have a fair bit of treasury sophistication too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.